so the weekend was pretty lazy. Friday evening was pretty tame, my male companions were fairly useless in giving me advice (men? being useless? why am I surprised?), but I did get to have a nice conversation with my brother, so that was nice.
Saturday I did nothing. No, literally, nothing... all day. I was moping around because it was just one of those days (and I had had a bad dream the night before, so I was in a strange mood) but I finally forced myself over to the fitness center to run at around 5. I was supposed to go 3-6 easy, so I opted for a nice uneven 5. It felt effortless. I guess that's what doing nothing all day will do for you.
Then my sister and I chatted on the phone and we decided we'd both go visit my mom, so we headed down to my parents' place. Both of my brothers were there too so we got to see the whole family. My sister and I ordered wings and fries from BW3's and cracked open a couple of beers and watched the Patriots game. After I had burped about 8 times, my sister commented something along the lines of, "I swear, [mouse] and I act more like men than our brothers do." I had to agree. My oldest brother and I made a bet about whether the Colts would win the Superbowl. He now owes me $5. My sister is stupid and tends to root for whichever football team is winning (she irritates me to no end sometimes) so after switching allegience from the Patriots to the Broncos back to the Patriots about 4 times I finally just punched her in the leg and gave her a charley horse. I also learned that my nephew knows how to breakdance. but only to Dora the Explorer. Sweet.
yeah, so I didn't get back to my place until after midnight, and then I got the required 9-10 hours of sleep and started reading the huge ass book that I had to have finished by this morning. I kept distracting myself by checking the score of the Steelers/Colts game, so I finally just changed and went over to the fitness center. If I'm not going to read and am going to watch the game, I might as well get my run in at the same time, eh? So I jumped on the treadmill, turned on the t.v. way over in the far corner, and proceeded to almost fall off the treadmill 5 times over the next three miles because I had my head turned to look at the t.v.
I started out with 1.5 miles slow (9.50 pace) and then bumped it up to the low 9's for 4.5 miles, and then took it back down to 9.30 pace for the last 1.5 miles. For 7.5 total. Even the fast portion of the run felt easy for me. I guess maybe the intervals earlier in the week combined with the fact that I didn't do a damn thing all weekend made my run super easy.
So last week I did 27 miles total, if I counted correctly. Three of those runs included hard efforts. Man, if I keep this up, I might actually be ready for my races this spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Nice job on the running Mouse. And Yes, I will admit it, us men are pretty worthless most of the time. If I did not have my wife to take care of me I am not sure what I would do. I hope you get the book finished.
Nice mileage week! You're totally on track for spring! Just think - we are gaining like 2 minutes of daylight, or something like that, every day now! Spring is almost here!
(I just have to keep telling myself that.)
Sorry I was tame and useless on Friday!
Good for you! And most of them were on the treadmill, right? This week I'm tapering down to 25 and it might drive me crazy by the end of the week!
If you could just get the breakdancing to Dora on video... oh, that could be the next big thing going across the internet!!
Post a Comment