have any of you heard the song "My Sister" by the Juliana Hatfield Three? It starts out like this:
"I hate my sister... she's such a bitch..."
of course, I don't REALLY hate my sister. but she has been irritating me quite a bit lately. Usually I can just avoid her for a while until i'm not as irritated with her and everything is fine. But since her husband is away in Florida working on a project and she is bored and has nothing better to do than irritate me, she is being particularly persistant. Today she called me and (when I didn't answer because I saw it was her) left a message saying, "I think you're avoiding me." hmmm. I think she's on to me.
Anyways, she called to ask if she can come up to run on one of the 'mills in my fitness center this weekend because she is between gym memberships and it has a playroom where the rugrat (my nephew) can play while she works out. This presents a problem because she pretty much called me out on avoiding her and told me to call her back, so it means that I kind of HAVE to return her call. I was really looking forward to a weekend of not having to deal with her and just relaxing, so I'm kind of irritated by her request. Plus, if I say it's ok if she comes up I'll pretty much end up spending the majority of my day waiting around for her because she's usually about 2 hours later than she says she's going to be, and I have to be there to let her into the fitness center, unfortunately. And then she'll want to hang out because she's bored and I just... I don't really feel it's best for my mental health to have to pretend to be friendly with her. So basically, this means I'm going to have to call her and deny her request, which I'm sure won't go over well because she already knows I'm irritated with her. yeah, so this should be fun.
sorry about the rant. today is REST day! And man, am I ready for it. Tonight I'm going to have gnocchi and curl up and read the rest of the book that I'm reading. I need to finish up all my leisure reading before my classwork really starts to kick in and I don't have time for it anymore. tomorrow I'm going to do a longer run outside, and then maybe a trail run on sunday if I'm feeling good.
happy weekend, people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oooh sticky situation. sorry you have to deal with that.
enjoy your gnocchi!
I'm guessing your sis doesn't know about your blog! What a pain! Hopefully you were able to avoid WW3 with her.
Post a Comment