So yeah... the pistons played the pacers last night. Roommate text messaged me to tell me she couldn't go so I was scrambling to find someone to take the other ticket, but then we decided that roommate would be able to make it in time to meet me because I was getting out of class late. I swung by home to pick up roommate and we speeded to the palace. Theroommate commented, "I forgot that I haven't ridden with you in a while." heh. I guess she isn't used to my driving. (for the record: I am an EXCELLENT driver. never even been pulled over.)
We got to the Palace about 30 minutes after tipoff and grabbed a beer before heading to our seats. to my delight, smell my phone woman was sitting next to me again. She immediately commented on how she needed some liquor because roommate and I were drinking a beer. luckily she didn't ask me to smell anything this time around, but she did leave at halftime again and came back giggling.
at the first game we went to this season (back in November) we were chatting with the girls sitting next to us and they told us they had the same ticket package we did, but they wouldn't be at the Pacers game in February because one of their friends was splitting the tickets with her. She said that it was that girls birthday on the night of the Pacers game (last night) so to wish her a happy birthday. So last night, roommate turns to the girl sitting next to her and says, "is today your birthday?" it was actually the girl on the other side of her's birthday, but they were shocked that we knew. We explained how we knew and roommate was chatting away with them when somehow the conversation turned to the fact that roommate is single. The girl is yelling to me (over the crowd) "are you single too?!" and then proceeded to tell us that we had to come to birthday girl's birthday party on Saturday. Because we know these people now and all. We're like totally BFF. The girl is going on and on about all the super hot guys that she's friends with who are always complaining because she never brings hot female friends when they hang out. She says that there will be literally dozens of hot, single men at this party, and gives us her number to call her, and tells us we have to come because we are cute and single.
it gets better. (and no, I don't why we always meet these people)
obviously, piqued by the mention of hot, single men, we ask the usual question... Do these men actually have jobs? Oh yes, she replies. They're all very successful, in fact several of them own their own businesses. Roommate replies, "their own drug dealing businesses?" heh. we are skeptical. We are assured that they are legitimate businesses. uh huh. So the girl asks what we do, and I tell her that I do web stuff and she says, "OH! the guys house that the party is at does web stuff too! he's totally loaded! see, you'll get along great" So I ask where he does web stuff for and she tells me it's a porn website. good grief. yes, we'll get along great... because I'm totally involved in the porn industry and all. The girl insists on getting our (er... roommate's) number so she can call to tell us to come to this house party. She says there will be lots of men and only like 6 girls. And the "theme" is to wear argyle stockings and short skirts, like in the movie "the wedding date" (which was the worst movie ever, by the way). sadly, I own several pairs of argyle stockings, so I'll be all set if we do decide to go.
As previously stated, there is a man on the Pacers basketball team that looks like K-Fed. it's really, really unfortunate. he had his hair slicked back like this:

It really was horrid. And yet it delighted me that these are the type of people who are superstars in Indianapolis. And the Pacers pretty much sucked. The only reason why we only won by 5 points was because we kind of stopped playing in the last 5 minutes and put our worst lineup in.
Tonight, I'm getting my hair cut and then sleeping for like 14 hours (i'm so tired these days). Tomorrow, we are interring my mother into the vault that we purchased for her (i'll have to take a picture of the wall that covers the vault. it's beautiful, and so her) and then I'm hanging out with the fam for a bit. Airforcefriend's mom is having a jewelry/pampered chef/body shop party, so I might swing by and pick myself up some new spatulas (i'm wild and crazy, right?) as an early birthday gift. I don't think this will leave much time to go to birthday girl's house party, because I have to pack for vacation and also finish a midterm this weekend... hrm. But if I DO go, should I wear the blue/grey/black argyle tights, or the green/navy argyle thigh high stockings? oh the choices...

5 comments:
oh my you do attract the odd ones. I will have to post sometime about all the funny people I attract on bike tours.
we have to get together some time. I need to make a trip to MI soon. I will let you know when I do.
See, this is why I'm a total recluse with no friends. You never run into situations like this. Sure, night after night of solitary confinement could wear on you, but there wouldn't be any deciding what type of argyle tights to wear, would there?
Have a good weekend.
That's cool about the party. I say go with the Green/Navy. Be careful with the porn guy... he'll probably use some good pick up lines like "you could make me a lot of money." Those guys are quick!
I hope your brakes are ok.
I wonder if your porn guy knows my stripper coworker!
I hope we meet one day because I think it would make for quite a wild blog post!
K-Fed rules. I think his album is going to be so hot. I can't wait to add it to my running mix!
Have a great vacay and get lots of rest!
The running man? Zat the image in the Talking Heads video that has the lead singer running and constantly looking as if he's about to fall? I think it's "Road to Nowhere".
I went through Detroit for the first time, on Greyhound, to E. Lansing for a gymn meet that Pitt was in. The phones in the Detroit terminal smelled fine, btw.
"Welcome to Detroit, Home of Clean-Smelling Greyhound Payphones".
Post a Comment