me. rambling. about running. [gasp!]
that's right, folks. I've made my triumphant return to running. all the way home from class I was thinking, "oh no. I can just go home. work on midterms. or my presentation. which is next WEEK! HELLO! you have tons of other stuff to do. lots of good excuses."
nope. hellooooooo treadmill. oh how i've missed you. those tiny little shorts that I packed circa 5 weeks ago for my last run? amazingly still fit, even with all the eating and drinking of the last week. sweet.
and the running? was surprisingly easy. 4 miles. 9.40 pace. piece o' cake. ok. so it wasn't that simple. I wanted to stop at mile three. but if I can "push through" being tired when I'm drinking, I certainly can do it when i'm running. and I felt wonderful.
I was worried about my mind wandering. luckily, my sister's infinite library of "NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC" cd's gave me plenty of upbeat music to listen to on my ipod. and, I had enough on my mind with school and work issues... I also spent time savoring the fact that my ex-boyfriend keeps calling/texting me and I don't feel like talking to him for once. It's kind of nice on this side of the hill.
and... now this is exciting... I have something else to think about. DWD. Momo registered. we are in! Dirty Girls. cute, eh? I wanted to go with "pretty & gritty" a la Elizabeth's suggestion, but mo liked Dirty Girls better. I think we have a full team. 3-4 have absolutely confirmed, and we have 4 or so friends who said to let them know if we need an extra person. thanks to everyone who volunteered, though.
so it's a recommitment of sorts. like walchka mentioned. it may be slow. but I'm back to it. and I will think about things. later. not too soon. not too late. right after I get my midterms done, i'm making a counseling appt. "my stupid doctor friend said I'm allowed to talk about anything I want for my first three sessions." :) it was one month ago today. i've already missed her more than I ever thought I would, even though I've been trying so freaking hard not to think about it. but I will. I promise. that will be part of my recommitment. to being healthy. body and mind.
sadly, I am sore and bruised all over, and it's not from running. but man, was it a good vacation! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
glad you are back and running mouse!
I will have to use that push through sleepy drinking motto next time I am feeling like slacking on a run!
and the pictures? did you take all the ones you intended?
awesome about getting back into running...it might be a good portion of the counseling you need...
yay for running!
I didn't realize you liked pretty & gritty better. We might be able to change our name on the registration page.
Welcome back and welcome to your recommittment!! I think you dirty girls will do great on the trail run. It certainly won't be the usual asphalt rat race!!
It sounds like you guys had an awesome vacay!
That's awesome you're doing DWD. It's definitely worthwhile. And it should be no problem to change your name - my team did it like 3 or 4 times last year ;) See you on the trails
Post a Comment