DEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBAAAAAAALL! The Pistons game last night was absolutely awesome. I tried to get video of them introducing the starting lineup, but my camera totally screwed up (ok, it may have been operator error, but whatever). It was the funnest game I've been to. Absolutely awesome. it's going to be an awesome playoff season...
Roommate and I did in fact get to wear our Pistons underwear to the game, which was excellent. and we may or may not have been roaming around our apartment in them before the game. Roommate kept threatening to show them to people at the game, but there were small children around, so she kept her pants on. :) (they're really boyshort type underwear, so it's not like they're really revealing or anything, don't worry).
This weekend was seriously the best weekend ever. it was so nice to not have the weight of finals on my back. the sad thing is that I've come down with a cold, which is a huge pain in the ass. I can handle it. because I have the WHOLE SUMMER FREE TO DO WHATEVER I WANT! well, there's that pesky "work" thing, but whatever. my evenings are FREE! yay!
I spent Saturday afternoon with roommate and some of the girls at a Body Shop party in Ann Arbor. The proceeds went to LLS, so I didn't feel quite so bad spending so much money. then we headed over the Connor's for a light dinner, a black and tan, and some absolutely hilarious conversation. I have to spend more time out with these girls.
Roommate and I headed back home to get ready to meet up with one of her friends for the evening. despite the fact that I swore I was never going to the Post again, we had to make a brief appearance before heading over to the bar we really wanted to go to. The Post (a local bar) just makes you feel dirty walking into it. it's a shame really, because it looks like a fun place, it's just the men who line the walls and literally just stare you up and down as soon as you walk in make you feel violated immediately upon arrival. ugh. total meatmarket. it's disgusting. I complained to roommate for like 20 minutes about having to go there, so luckily we were only there about 20 minutes before heading over for a brief stint to see our favorite local band play. On the way into the second bar two men outside did the whole, "what's up, laaaaaaadies?" line on us. come on. seriously. we haven't even walked into the bar yet. leave us alone, eh?
we ended up only staying for one set because the barstaff totally pissed roommate off and the crowd was incredibly annoying. there were a bunch of groups of those people there that night. You know what I mean. the ones who take up the entire dance floor and flail their arms drunkenly and knock into you and slam into you and shove you without so much as a drunken "sorry!". usually I expect some bumping in a crowd like that, but these people were just obnoxious. Roommate and I vowed that next time we go out, we WILL BE those people. that's our goal.
I'm going to see how I feel tonight before heading over for a workout. the cold has moved into my head, so I think i'm out of the danger area, but I want to take things easy until I'm sure that I'm feeling ok. for the most part I just have a lot of head congestion, which is annoying more than anything.
Friday afternoon I got a phone call informing me that a friend's brother died in a plane crash. I knew as soon as I saw who was calling me that something wasn't right. the friend who calls never calls me in the middle of the day. it's really a tragic incident, and I feel so incredibly bad for my friend. I'm going to head home for at least one evening to go to the wake, so workouts are going to be a little screwy. We'll see how it goes easing back into things. I haven't run since last Saturday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Okay, channeling my inner lesbian for a minute...those boy short underwear for girls are sexy. Sorry, I had to say it, but they are.
DEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBAAAAAAALL!
um, does that work?
I have to ditto JKrunning :)
So sorry to hear about your friend's brother!
Hope you get to run soon. Hit up those fun dirty trails again!
I love boy short undies. And they're so comfy, too.
Sorry to hear about your friend's brother.
I'm freaking hot - straight or not, everyone sitting around me would have agreed! :)
Post a Comment