Saturday, April 08, 2006

a lunge is a lunge is a lunge, right?

Today was a pretty active day. I got about 10 hours of sleep last night, which was fabulous. Then I got up, did a little bit of reading and then ate some breakfast before deciding that I would do yoga. I haven't done yoga since... well, honestly I don't remember the last time. But since I'm perhaps the most inflexible person ever, I thought it might be a good idea to start incorporating it into my routine again.

Then, it was off for my 9 miler today. It was beautiful out - sunny, but a little bit cold. I felt awesome. maybe that had something to do with the fact that I was all loosened up from the yoga, I don't know. I did an out and back route through ILRA, and ended with something like a 9:23 pace. It was one of those runs where I just felt really really good the entire time, and I felt like I could have gone forever, even when I was done.

On the way back I stopped by the fitness center and got the leg workout that I abandoned on Wednesday done with. I decided instead of doing three sets of the same lunge that I would try one set of each type to see if I felt any difference. Oh heck yes. I'm really not used to doing forward stationary lunges (not walking lunges) so I kept losing my balance when I was coming up. I think the other guy working out got a kick out of that. I hate doing leg workouts in front of other people.

3x10 lunges (forward, reverse, walking... 40 lbs.)
3x10 deads (50 lbs.)
3x10 squats (40 lbs.)
3x10 extentions (80, 90, 90 lbs)
3x10 hamstring curls (60 lbs)

my legs are going to hurt tomorrow. then I decided it would be a wonderful idea to just go ahead and get some ab work in too, since I was already going to be in an incredibly large amount of pain tomorrow.

when I was in the fitness center (which is lined with mirrors) I noticed that just spending about an hour and a half out in the sun made a bunch of my freckles come out. I even put SPF 35 on before I went out, too! what the heck. that's ok. freckles are sexy, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hell yes freckles are sexy :) even with sunscreen, i still get them. my favorites are the ones i get on my eyelids, or the ones johnny gets on his lips. (nah, we aren't irish :))

I laughed so hard at the "oh, i'll add ab work, too since i'm already goign to be in huge pain" part. what a great attitude.

Rae said...

Of course they are!! At least that's what Brent tells me although I hate the way I look after I've been to the beach. I turn into a freckle ball, one of my coworkers didn't even recognize me one year!

Great job on the workouts!!

E-Speed said...

I forgot to sunscreen yesterday. My face is a nice shade of light red today (with freckles, and yes they are sexy!) ;)

 
Site Meter