Monday, May 01, 2006

back to it.

hacking cough has subsided. it was kind of weird, but friday night I was bound and determined to do nothing and go to bed early so that I could get rid of it once and for all. yeah. then I got a text from a friend of mine at like 10, asking what I was up to, and ended up spending the next 3 hours in a smoky bar listening to a loud, obnoxious (and only questionably good) band play. sweet. so you'd think that would make the cough worse, right? NO! I totally don't get it, but the next morning it was mysteriously gone.

Saturday I stayed in bed until 11 reading a book. for leisure. it was awesome. then I got up and cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the entire apartment, did some laundry, and cleaned my room. I took a break in there to do some yoga and get a 5 mile trail run in (by far the highlight of my day) and then rushed home to watch the Pistons suck it up on the court. Roommate came home and we cracked open a bottle of wine (or two. ok, it may have been more than that, but whatever.) and she IMed people from my lappy while I made some banana bread for my dad. and then dirty dancing came on. what a great night.

sunday I spent the day down at my dad's, cleaning a lot of my mom's stuff out of the bathroom. he can't handle having her stuff all over the place, but he also can't bear to throw it away. great. so I get to do it. wonderful. this never seems to get easier, I swear. It was a pretty awful day. I did go for a short (~2 miles) trail run with one of my brothers and my sister. my oldest brother was getting ready to go and I said I would go with him. he looked at me and said, "didn't you just crack open your second beer? nevermind, that's good. now maybe I can keep up with you." heh. my response... "yeah. just let me chug this really quick and I'll be ready to go." gotta love burping up beer on a run.

tonight I crosstrained for 50 minutes and then lifted bi's and tri's. back to it, yo.

3x8 alternating dumbbell curls (20 lbs.)
3x10 lying db french press (10 lbs.)
3x8 hammer curls (1@20 lbs., 2@15 lbs.)
3x8 overhead tricep press (25 lbs.)
3 sets of 7's (10 lbs.)
3x10 tricep pressdowns (50 lbs.)

5 comments:

E-Speed said...

glad you got out on the trails! Running with beer is always interesting.

Hope you are having a good week so far!

Anonymous said...

I must be living an empty life. I've never experienced the running beer burp.

Liv said...

What a productive mouse you are.

So... beer and smokey bars are the solution to all (ok, most) of life's problems? Sweet!

Congrats on those A's, by the way.

sunshine said...

Ditoo on liv's comment! Deep down inside, I always knew beer and bars were the answer!

Rae said...

Hmmmm....maybe you should pass that solution along to some of the other suffering bloggers who make us ALL suffer!!

 
Site Meter