speedwork today...
1 m warmup - 10:00 pace
2x1 m - 8:06 pace (800 recovery)
6x200 - 7:35 pace (200 recovery)
1 m cooldown - 10:00 pace
6.5 miles total. overall, a pretty good workout. I tried to lengthen my stride a lot on the faster 200's... I was successful for a couple of them in the middle, but toward the end I just started getting tired and started taking short, choppy steps again. It was pouring outside and I hadn't prepared well for that, so I did these on the treadmill. I was doing the whole "count down each tenth of a mile" thing on the second mile that I did... after about two tenths I got bored and just focused on finding a good song on my shuffle and relaxing for a good part of the interval. Once I did that I felt comfortable (but still like I was working hard). I couldn't decide which body part to lift, and it was getting late and I was getting hungry so I didn't lift. I did, however, get up to do yoga this morning, which is a minor miracle in and of itself.
tomorrow I'm going trail running with roommate. it should be fabulous, especially since it's been raining all day here, so it's bound to be muddy. We're going to have to *gasp* miss part of the Pistons game in order to go, but it should be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yea for running with your "way fun!" roommate!
So, I know this is a running blog and all, and so your target audience is more educated about such things, but when you do speedwork, do you use a treadmill to make sure you're running at a predetermined speed, or do you just run faster than usual for a mile and figure out how fast that fast was afterward? I'm guessing the former, but since I know you've got high-techy gear to pace you, I'm not really sure.
Good job on the tread.
Hope you have fun getting muddy today!
Yeah it is a miracle if I wake up for anything in the morning. I swear I could sleep till noon every day and be quite content.
Those treadmill numbers are evil. The harder you stare at them, the slower they change. It's just perverse.
Post a Comment