Tuesday, May 23, 2006

the earth likes me, pavement does not

update on the workouts from the past few days:

Sunday I hiked it over to PSRA to get some easy trails in. I wore the other skirt, which I don't think I like as well as the hot pink one, but it was still really super comfortable. I almost didn't throw on a long sleeve and i'm really glad I did because I ended up doing my whole run in it. It was a little bit chilly with it being around 50 in the sun, and even colder on the shady trails. As I jogged across the pavement to the restroom to swap shirts I noticed a little tightness in my left shin. I hadn't noticed it at all the day before on my longer run... hrm. I made a mental note to take it easy if it persisted and then scurried off onto the trails, and it didn't bother me for the rest of the run. thank God for the forgivingness of trails. I was thinking about this while I was running, because I was contemplating the wisdom of running the trail thon 6 weeks before Detroit. Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll schedule it in and see how I'm feeling in the weeks leading up to it. And if anyone else wants details, let me know.

So between 5.5 and 6 on the trails. They were pretty empty, aside from a few hikers and mountain bikers. I got my first weird look re: the skirt. a guy who was hiking with a female companion said good morning and then clearly gave me the once over, and would NOT stop staring at my skirt. It was way obvious. old men are creepy sometimes. well, young men are too, but you get my point. I took a few minutes to stop on one of the bridges over one of the lakes and just enjoyed the serenity and beauty of my surroundings. it was seriously like a dream, with the sunny blue sky, the lake, and the trees of the forest gently swaying in the breeze. Airforcefriend is trying to convince me that I need to move to California. It's pretty tempting... especially with the shitty weather that we had last week, and when he throws in the whole, "hey, you can date [his roommate]! he's single now, you know?" (sidenote: his roommate is like my male twin. except sometimes we like to kiss, but you get the point. we would kill each other if we dated.) but Sunday was just one of those days when I really liked being in Michigan. I was perfectly content out on those trails. if only I could find a husband that liked trail running and wouldn't make fun of my running skirt, I think life might just be perfect.

I also did some yoga on Sunday when I got back. focusing on abs. that? was not so perfect. yoga related ab work is slow and painful.

Yesterday coworker and I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then lifted bi's, tri's, and back.

21's (12.5 lbs)
3x10 tricep kickbacks (12.5 lbs)
3x10 lat pulldown (inward grip - plate on 5)
3x10 tri pulldowns (3, 4, 4)
3x10 back extentions (10 lbs)
3x10 dip machine (90, 100, 110 lbs)
3x10 seated rows (4, 5, 4)
3x10 hammer curls (15 lbs)
3x12 captain's chair crunches
some light abwork between the hammer curls

so that was that. tonight? intervals!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm sounds perfect (cept for the old man part)

E-Speed said...

whoa if you two got together you would be guaranteed kids that look like both of you ;)

great job on the trails and intervals

Brooke said...

creepy old men...ewww

Jess said...

Yoga+Abs=Jess very sore. It's hard work.

 
Site Meter