Monday, May 29, 2006

it's going to be another hot one!

oh man. it's supposed to be in the mid 90's here today. I think I'm going to spend the day doing three things... a) finishing the shopping that was started on Saturday, b) hanging out by the pool reading, and c) watching the Pistons. sounds like a great plan to me.

I got 5 easy miles in last night on the trails. after I ignored my initial instinct to throw up (eating a huge steak and some pie does not sit well with the stomach on a run) it actually felt pretty nice. I was really creaky all day yesterday, which is kind of strange because I only did ~9 on Saturday. usually the creakyness comes after 18+ milers. I figure it was the extra twisting on the trails that made my joints a little wonky. no big deal, but annoying enough to the point where my sister commented that I looked stiff.

Today I've got some quick intervals and a weight workout to do, but otherwise i'm going to be fairly lazy. great way to honor the men and women who've perished for my freedom, right?

in all seriousness... thank you to those who have served, and to those who have lost loved ones, and to those who are serving today.

2 comments:

Rae said...

It's been super hot here too!! I wish we had a pool!

Have a great holiday!

Anonymous said...

mid-90s = heat training!

 
Site Meter