Tuesday, May 30, 2006

me + 6 a.m. + speed = beh.

when I double checked my schedule yesterday, I realized that I was supposed to do the intervals on Tuesday, not on Monday. which was good, because most of the afternoon was spent shopping. I did get over to get some lifting in...

3x10 db presses (60, 50, 50 lbs)
3x10 db flyes (20 lbs)
3x10 pushups
3x10 db overhead press (30 lbs)
3x10 supinating grip front raises (20 lbs)
3x10 upward rows (30 lbs)

that meant this morning I had to do the speedwork, because coworker and I had plans for this evening. I set my alarm and got the intervals out of the way early since it was a short workout...

1 m warmup
4x400 - 7.35 pace (200 jog)
4x200 - 7.35 pace (100 jog)
1 m cooldown

4.25 total. I do not like running fast. pretty much ever. and doing it in the morning? is nearly impossible. so I'm considering this a total victory. it was seriously way harder than last week's intervals, which were two miles longer. ugh.

the super exciting thing was that coworker and I decided to go swimming after work today instead of the usual cardio/weights routine. I am soooooo not awesome at swimming. I'm still getting a feel for the water. I'm lucky that I have coworker, who knows what he's doing and is willing to watch me and tell me what i'm doing wrong. I don't really know how far we went today (I stopped counting laps after a while), but I'm tired. It was an awesome workout, and a great change of pace from the usual eliptical routine.

after working out I swung by the mall and picked up a pair of pants that I had on hold. roommate told me tonight that they look perfect with the shirt/shoes I want to wear them with. I've never heard anyone tell someone that a pair of white pants was flattering, but that's what she told me. I absolutely cannot wait for crazychica reunion in NYC in 8 days!

7 comments:

sunshine said...

Well, not all of us can pull of white pants like you...

A Deal Or No Deal said...

One morning in the winter I rolled out of bed and ran over to a park to do mile repeats. I think I ran the first one slower than the warmup.

Wake up earlier and/or get some tea or coffee in yourself before you do it. The alternative, of course, is to do a lot of these morning speed sessions.

walchka said...

Early morning speedwork, ick...Nice work Mouse!

Anonymous said...

good job!

Liv said...

Wow, I would be proud too. That is... if I *ever* actually got up to run in the morning (let's not even talk about speed...)

Swimming is awesome crosstraining - especially when it's so bloody hot everywhere!

BuckeyeRunner said...

Nice speed workout! I want to get to the track this weekend and try my hand at it! It is supposed to be somewhat cooler, so I figured I could tolerate being on the hot black surface!

And nice swimming btw!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I agree with ya, early morning speedwork is tough...and I am fairly used to early morning workouts in general.

That's great that you guys swam - now you and coworker just need to get on the bikes, and you'll be doing triathlons before you know it!

 
Site Meter