Thursday, June 01, 2006

it's time to just chill for a bit

I got my last two runs in pretty uneventfully. last night I did 4, two of them at 8.30 pace... they felt incredibly easy, which could have been due to some frustration that I was letting out.

This morning I got up and did 3.5, with a couple of quick intervals in there, I guess to keep my legs used to speed or something. I don't know, people, I just do what the little box on the plan tells me to. so just 2x400 @ 8.13 pace (200 jog) and 1x200 @ 7.35 pace, and a few miles around those.

did some yoga yesterday morning to stretch out a little bit. came to the conclusion that I am the most inflexible person alive.

tonight? swimming with coworker for a bit and then going to sleeeeeeep. early. this "phase" of training is pretty much over, with just an easy 3 on Saturday and the Dexter-Ann Arbor half on Sunday. I'm not planning to all out "race" (despite the fact that some people think this is the most CRUCIAL! RUN! OF! THE! YEAR!), but i'll definitely put in a solid effort. Really I just want to PR, which is like 1:59.xx. Technically, I beat my half PR in my second half of the Flying Pig Marathon last spring - I had something like a 7 minute negative split - but I want an official PR. shouldn't be too difficult. This is all just to make sure I'm ready to start training for Detroit. And man, am I excited!

I will tell you all about the fun interview I got to do for the Michigan Alumni magazine (thanks, Jon-formerly-in-Michigan-now-in-NY, for referring the writer to me!) and about being "reclassified" at work (it's a good thing... I think) but that will have to wait until later. and I'm not commenting on the game because I *gasp* didn't watch most of it... a bunch of people kept calling me, and there are certain people for whom the phone must be answered, i've been informed (*cough* skitzo *cough*).

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck with the half this weekend. 1:59 sounds like a pretty good race to me :-)Will you be wearing the leopard??

Michele said...

Those were some great runs this week.
Good luck with the half this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the race. I'm sure you will do well with the timjes your putting up.

sunshine said...

Are you ready for Sunday? What are you eating for lunch? Is it because of the race? Did you go to bed early because of the race? Swimming? Are you doing a special training plan for the race? Did you have coffee this morning? Oh wait, I forgot. You're cutting back because of the race. Are you nervous about Sunday? It is THE race, you know.

brent d. said...

YAY! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! Can we track you as you run your half? You're going to do amazing.

Congrats on the interview and the "reclassification".

I haven't heard from you in a while. Keep in touch!

Rae said...

Reclassified??? That sounds top secret.

GOOD LUCK in the half this weekend! You're going to do GREAT!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great runs!!

Good luck in the half!

 
Site Meter