both roommate and I headed to bed early last night to wallow in our depression induced by the Pistons failing to not suck. woke up around 8 and had the whole day to get stuff done! this is great! it's just past noon and I've already cleaned the whole apartment, done half my laundry, eaten two breakfasts, done yoga, and gotten some reading done. I feel like it should be like 4. I have to head out for a short (~3 miles) run, and then clean up and head over to the library and down to the race expo to pick up my packet and Momo and her friend's as well. then some grocery shopping and more reading. did I mention that I loooooooooooooove not having classes in the summer? I could totally get used to this having my weekends free to do things other than study.
I do have to update my resume at some point, because I met with my boss yesterday, and we discussed what both she and I would like to see happen in terms of me being reclassified. basically, right now my title says i'm doing mostly web programming work, and while that's real fun and all, I'd like to be doing more learning tech stuff (more in line with my masters degree). I am doing some work in the learning tech area, despite not being classified as such, but we'd all like to see my position grow more toward not being a web-geek as much (or, ideally, hardly at all) and have me doing more research and "fun" stuff. like, getting published. :) the important thing, right? this will most likely mean a pay-raise, perhaps even a significant one. sweet.
speaking of being published... the revisions on the article are just about finished, and the other day I had to sign a "consent to publish" form. how exciting! since we got such good remarks from the reviewers, they're going to run our article in the edition that gets distributed at the national conference for this organization. It's a much larger run than the regular runs, because they distribute a bunch at conference and then send them out to all subscribers, too, so that's exciting.
yesterday and this morning I did some yoga to help stretch me out. I'm starting to really enjoy it. that's kind of scary. but it will be good for me in the long run.
and how on earth is it that, despite being extremely careful, I got a spot smack dab in the middle of my super cute new white peasant skirt yesterday? I honestly don't even know how it happened, because I just sat down in a meeting and when I stood up there was a spot on my skirt. there must've been something under the table when I pulled my chair forward or something... so annoying. It took two washes, some spray and wash, and ultimately some bleach to get the f***er out. good grief. this does not bode well for the new white pants I bought.
good luck to everyone racing this weekend! I know Lana and Michelle are tri-ing today, and a whole slew of people are doing RnR San Diego tomorrow. Nic and Amanda are the only ones I can think of right this second, but I know there are more. It's supposed to be rainy here tomorrow, so I hope y'all have better weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
very cool on all the work stuff!!!!
Post a Comment