that three mile easy run I was going to do? let's talk about that really quick.
It was sunny all morning. I threw on a tank top and shorts, switched out the last of my laundry, and then proceeded to cover myself in the spray on, tacky sunblock. No sooner had I finished when it started raining. Where was this rain was coming from? I'm not really too certain, because the sky looked blue to me. there were a few fluffy clouds, but nothing menacing. About two minutes later it stopped raining, the sun was still shining, and I just shrugged and went about my merry way.
noticed on the way to the park that the roads were thoroughly saturated with rain. looked up through my sunroof, which was open, and saw blue skies. shrugged again, and kept going.
half way into my trail run, I start feeling sprinkles. I look up and am blinded by the sun shining through the trees. I figure it's just residual rain being shaken off the branches. I am surrounded by trees, after all. then I hear thunder. great place to be in the middle of a thunderstorm... a forest. nice. I finish up my run quickly and when I reach the clearing where the parking lot is, the sky still just has a few clouds. mother nature baffles me.
as I was driving home (mental note: the light at 8 mile is no easier to get through on weekends than it is on weekdays. just take a different route already) it started horrendously storming. rain, thunder, hail, coming down like crazy. It's just now subsiding. and off in the distance, i see the blue skies and the sun returning. Isolated thundershowers, indeed.
I will not be wearing the spray on sunblock tomorrow. I don't mind it on long runs, but it's disgusting and balls up and flakes off in the creases of my elbows when I start sweating. gross. I don't want that happening when I'm actually running a race, and people are taking pictures of me. good grief. and JK, I think i'm going to go with the plain, brown running skirt. as progressive and "out there" as most people think ann arbor-ites are, they're really just all silently judging you, i'm pretty sure... and I don't feel like dealing with people making comments to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"mother nature baffles me"
**giggle**
Good to know that the spray stuff is even grosser when sweaty! I just picked up a bottle today, but maybe I'll just let me husband have it.
I had the same experience about a month ago expect I ended getting trapped outside in the hail - let me tell you hail hurts when you are running.
Post a Comment