Wednesday, May 10, 2006

skirts!

ooooh. so running skirts have arrived. both of them. the skirtsports one came on Monday, which was like 5 days after I ordered it, which is awesome. I got the other one (from runningskirts.com) yesterday. my neighbor, the one who previously told me she had no clue where my running skirt was, ran over to me yesterday when I got home and handed me the package. she doesn't understand English very well, so I'm wondering if that was the problem with her not realizing the package was mine. so i've got my runningskirts skirt too. basically, I jumped around the apartment with them on for like half an hour. they are short, people. (note: roommate says it's because I'm tall and have long legs. I love my roommate. I am neither tall nor long-legged) not that that's really all that big of an issue because the shorts I wear are short anyway. but if you're looking for more coverage than your regular running shorts? gooooooood luck.

full review of both of them will come, comparing and contrasting the two, but I want to wait until I get a good run in in both of them. I took the runningskirts one out for a short 3 miler this morning (yes, walchka, I actually did get up and run this morning!) and so far so good. the thing was super comfortable! I thought I might feel funny about it because I ran along one of the major roads here, but I felt just as "covered" as I normally do.

I decided I'm going to keep a running tally of the honks/catcalls/comments/weird looks that I get wearing the skirt vs. normal running shorts. the score is even right now, as no one made a fuss this morning. this could mean that I'm not attractive enough to warrent such a response, but I'm going to pretend everyone was just sleepy at 6:30 this morning... much too sleepy to pay attention to me trotting around in my cute running skirt.

6 comments:

walchka said...

Well I guess I lost that bet. hehe j/k Nice work on getting in an early run this morning in the new duds.

Anonymous said...

i am looking fwd to your report. i am fascinated by this runningskirt phenomenon...

E-Speed said...

fun stuff but I still don't think you'll ever see me in one :)

Brooke said...

I'm excited to try mine out. I was going to wear it this morning, but hubby knew I was going to run on the Marine Base and he veto'd my skirt wearing for today.

Nic said...

Do cross your legs when you plop down on the couch when you finish those runs now, you hear me young lady? ;)

Rae said...

HA! Can't wait to read the review. Someone else just recently got a running skirts one and hers is too small and very short!

 
Site Meter