Wednesday, May 10, 2006

tuesday: speedwork. bleh.

yesterday was speedwork day. bleh. I contemplated moving my speedwork to Thursday and doing Thursday's run yesterday instead, but then I just realized that I'd have to dread it for two more days, and it's really not that bad, and I should just get it over with.

so I did. It looked something like this:

1 m warmup

2 sets of:
800 - 7:35/mile pace (400 jog)
400 - 7:35/mile pace (200 jog)
200 - 7:35/mile pace (200 jog)
1200 - 8:34/mile pace

1m cooldown

I walked a 200 between the sets so I could gulp some water and de-sweat myself a bit with my towel (oh. these were on the treadmill, by the way). 6.25 miles total. I just do not like speedwork all that much. I try, but running fast is just not something that really appeals to me much. Running 4 miles at a fast pace seems much more difficult to me than running 10 at an easy pace. I don't really get it.

3 comments:

E-Speed said...

speed hurts. Good job! You should get out on the track, that way you can decide pace instead of the treadmill!

Michele said...

I HATE speed work too but it really has improved my time. Great job on yours and for going ahead and getting it over with!!

mouse said...

I know, I know, I know! the local tracks aren't "open to the public" (how IS that, by the way? aren't my tax dollars paying for that damn track?!).

next week I think I may try the track here at UM. I heard it's not very busy. with my luck, I'll go the day that the track team is working out.

 
Site Meter