Tuesday, June 06, 2006

repeating the same conversations

I swear, I have the same conversations over and over and over again, with the exact same two men.

h: I don't get a weekend off until July. hopefully then I can come visit you.
m: good grief! you haven't had a weekend off for months!
h: I know. it sucks. you could always come visit me, you know?
m: why would I want to do that? you live in Indiana. there's nothing interesting in Indiana.
h: true.
m: give me a reason to come visit and I will. but I like Michigan. I think I'll stay here.

and then...

j: you just need to cut the cord and move on, I told you that. how's that coming along?
m: yeah. not so well. but better. I swear.
[silence]
m: J, I just need to find someone fantastic and new to date. not like these other whackjobs I've seen in the past year. that would help a lot. Can you just tell me how to find him?
j: we've had this conversation 18 times. I've told you I'm no help. I'm a farmer, not a hunter. I just plant seeds. I don't go hunting down women.
m: HOW IS THAT SUPPOSED TO HELP ME WHEN EVERYONE'S A FARMER. ALL THE FARMERS ARE PLANTING SEEDS, AND NONE OF THEM ARE FINDING EACH OTHER!
j: it'll be time to harvest eventually. and it will be good for you. I know it will.
m: hmph. maybe I should just move out near you. you have lots of hot, single, air force friends.
j: we've discussed this before too. I would never introduce them to you. what am I going to say? "here's my really good friend [mouse], that you're probably only thinking about ravaging?"
m: J!
j: well, it's true. they're all great guys. but that's all they think about. hell, you've met one of them, you know what I'm talking about.
m: [laughing] yeah. I was actually just thinking of that.


ahhh. the men of my life that I will [most likely] love until I die. why is one so stupid, and the other just so great? and WHY DID I FALL IN LOVE WITH THE WRONG ONE?!

good grief.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

No offense to the Air Force, but you should come out here to NC. I will introduce you to some Marines!! They are much more dignified. (not)

Anonymous said...

You know i think we all have that one guy. I will LOVE stephen griffith till I die I'm sure of it. But, ever since I've met Tom I know that I'm with the right man and plan to be with him forever.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for the past few days. Where in Michigan are you from? I grew up there, but now I'm an Indiana transplant. I agree, Michigan is much better!

 
Site Meter