Tuesday, June 06, 2006

a few things I forgot to mention...

shoutouts go to Momo, Suz, and grad school friend Jamie, who all kicked some serious ass Sunday. Jamie continues to amaze me with his speed, getting a new PR as well, and reminded me that you have to correct for the stupid hill at the finish in the earlier miles. yeah. forgot about that. :)

yes, there will be pictures. hopefully i'll be brave enough to post them. No one said anything about the skirt, really. I saw about 4 other women wearing them, so I think it's not that big of a deal. but none of them had the leopard print!

A woman I work with asked me today if I was wearing anything distictive, because she was looking for me at the finish but didn't see me. I told her, "um. well... kind of. I was wearing a hot pink leopard print skirt." My boss (a woman) overheard, started cracking up, and yelled out, "I LOVE IT!"

yesterday, coworker and I swam after work, and then this morning I got in a nice yoga session. I'm really not feeling sore at all. It's kind of nice. I remember feeling like I got hit by a truck after my first half.

today I'm going to try to get in a light 6 or so, and see how it goes. I'll scale back if I feel any wonkyness.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

MUST. HAVE. PICTURES!!! I have to see the hot pink print in action.

Anonymous said...

Since my e-mail doesn't seem to want to work at the moment, I'll cheat and use your comments to state the following:

Travel save tomorrow and have a great time in NYC!

Anonymous said...

I think the skirt is great! Keep wearing it.

Rae said...

Travel save! Oops, I mean safe! =) At first I thought he was trying to give you some travel savings advice and I was trying to decode to get a hot deal for myself!!! =)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Congratulations on a fantastic race and an AWESOME PR!! I bet you were smokin' up the road in that pink leaopard print skirt! Nice Job!!!!

 
Site Meter