and I just can't get my poor self together.
it's storming. and it doesn't look like it's going to stop throughout the evening, so I may be heading indoors for my run tonight. you would have thought that I'd check the weather to know that this was going to happen, but I just haven't been with it lately. that's ok. I haven't spent my QT with the tread lately anyways, so hopefully I won't mind it.
thanks for the thoughts regarding setting a goal for myself, ladies. I think that as long as I feel comfortable I'll stick with the faster pace, and I'll base my lactate threshold workouts on my recent half time (maybe a little faster since I didn't taper and prepare like it was a "race", but i'll stay right abouts there for now and see how things feel). I think I'll also see how the CRIM fits into my schedule and might use that as somewhat of an indicator, as per MG's suggestion. I'm already planning to do the trail marathon with Elizabeth about 5 weeks out, and September is already really full of fun running events and football and tailgating with the crazychicas in Mpls and oh my god I can't wait for football to start and IT'S GREAT... TO BE... oh. sorry. point being that I don't know if I can squeeze a half in there but a ten miler two months out should help me know where i'm at at least a little, right?
by this time on Thursday i'll be on my way up north. I'm excited that i'm going to be on vacation, but it's going to be rough being up north without my mom. plus, there's the whole "spending massive amounts of time with the family" thing. I've already been spending an awful lot of time with them, with not-so-great results, so this may be disastrous. I have to focus on not drinking myself into a stupor all day for the entire week because i'm sure they're going to stress me out, and my brothers and sister tend to have massive amounts of beer on hand at all times (I swear, if they only had enough money for food or beer, they'd choose the beer 9 times out of 10), so I'll have to make sure that I do something useful to relieve my stress, like go for a walk or something.
but, happily, I spent a decent chunk of time mapping out all my runs last night, so I have some killer hilly long runs planned. I still have to plan for my 14 miler next weekend, but otherwise i'm ready to hit the hills on my longer runs (making sure that I keep it nice and flat on my recovery runs, of course). and with the lake right out the back door to get some swimming in, it's going to be a great week for training!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great job on maping your runs. Sounds better than drinking beer.
Where "up north" are you going? My parents have a house in the UP on Lake Michigan. It's awesome, but I don't get up there as often as I'd like. Hang in there. It sounds like you might have a tough weekend. If you need a break you can always say you need to go for a run, right?
It seems to me that 10 should be an okay indicator if the half doesn't fit. (Sounds like you've got a lot of fun coming up!) Pfitz's tune-up races are only 8-15K anyway; I just like 1/2s because of the "double your time add 10" saying (or is it 15 or 30? shoot, can't remember). Anyway, sounds like you've got a good plan with the pacing.
Hope vacation goes well ... we're also doing the family thing this weekend. I wish they had a lake for swimming - sounds nice!
Post a Comment