so, I realized that it probably sounds mean that I made fun of that poor man for running 5 miles. running 5 miles is great! I'd prefer to be doing that most days of the week. the funny thing was that after I told him that I ran 15 miles he then upped the ante, telling me that he's training for a triathlon. when I asked him which one, he said, "ummm... one in Hawaii. Yeah. that's it." this delighted me.
mouse: "OH MY GOD! ARE YOU DOING KONA?!"
random: "ummm... yeah! that's the one."
mouse: "that is SO COOL! you're like, totally my hero. Sunshine! come here! this man's doing IM HAWAII!"
brief pause.
mouse: "hey, so don't you have to, like, qualify for Kona, or get in through a lottery? where'd you qualify?"
random: [blank stare]
hahahahahahahahahah! turns out, he only bought me a shot so that he could feel justified for verbally harassing me and telling me to shake my ass some more. note to self: do not give sketchy men at the bar your real name again. EVER. having him yell, "SARAH! I WANNA SEE YOU SHAKE YOUR ASS MORE!" for the next half an hour was not pleasant. and he was about two seconds away from getting his ass totally kicked by the fine gentlemen who we were there with (they asked me 2 times if I wanted them to go shut him up).
so yeah, needless to say, Sunshine and I made up for the fact that we were big losers on Friday night and went out in the R.O. (one of the nearby towns that's supposed to be the place to go around here). I get nervous going out in R.O. because, while I don't date around all that much, I've met enough people to be worried that i'm going to run into one of them when I go out. And of course, we did see one of the guys, but... well, it's a long story that I don't feel like getting into. No, it wasn't Dino, thank God.
unfortunately, I had to spend the majority of the night trying to not totally and completely KILL Sunshine's friend from work, who would not stop talking about "what a ho" each and every single woman in the place was. "Doesn't she realize she looks like a ho?" "OMG. that girl is such a ho." "ewww, that's the ho-iest outfit i've ever seen."
SHUT THE F*** UP! good grief.
and the best part?! we decided to form our own mini dance floor where we were standing, because the real dance floor was next to a wall that was completely open to the outside world, and thus hot, humid, and away from the air conditioning. so we're totally dancing our asses off, and it's great. I'm showing the girls my impressive hip shaking moves (which I was informed, "well, it works! all those men are totally checking you out") when Sunshine's friend M decides to one up us with her crazy belly dancing moves. good God can the woman move her hips! sunshine and I turn to each other and say, "we are so totally signing up for belly dancing lessons." anyways, so we're dancing away when one of the guys we're with turns to the other one and says, "You see these two? These two are trouble. Right here." this makes us totally DIE laughing, because, believe it or not, we've been told that before. ahhh. good times.
and don't feel bad for Sunshine being set up. the boy is incredibly nice, cute, can dance, and drives a BMW. Not that that's really important. I'm just sayin.
EDIT! Sunshine just reminded me that the man who was supposedly training for an Ironman was MARRIED! she turned to me at one point and said, "what finger is the finger you wear your wedding ring on?" (which i'm suprised she didn't instinctually know, after years of doing "the ring check") and when I told her she said, "Oh my God, he's totally married!"
hahahahhahahahah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Maybe one of these days you'll run into me in RO! My friends and I go there a lot when I'm in Michigan visiting. Of course, the friends I usually go with, are this very minute, in Vietnam adopting a baby, so I suppose our partying days are numbered. So, sad. I think I hate growing up!
Loved the boy story. Good for you for putting him in his place. What a moron!
He sounds dumb for many reasons but reason number 1 has to be that he should've thought to take his ring off before hitting on women. Good for you playing along--sounds like a fun evening.
nice way to call that stooopid guy out. what a loser!
Loved Michigan this weekend but next time I am defintely contacting you for running trails.
Sounds like a fun night out.
OMG, the guy was married to boot.
Dude, I know "R.O." all too well.
I was with you on the early Friday night sleepy-time. Sounds like everyone I read about is having technical problems with the distance monitors. Nice running'!
OMG! What a L-O-S-E-R! Pick up lines are for pre-teens!
BTW, awesome run!
LOL too funny!
Yep I like the new name. I have never had a nickname! IronWil gave it to me. I guess I should clarify that before people start thinking I give myself my own nicknames ;)
Good for you for calling him on it. Poor boy didn't stand a chance. Anyone who would lie about doing an ironman probably didn't think twice lying about being married.
Part of the joy of being a runner is being able to spot the "fakers." Nice job on showing him up.
You are too flippin' funny! That was great what you said to him! So witty and clever!
Mouse - that is hilarious that you made that guy look like an idiot..hahaha.
Post a Comment