Sunday, August 13, 2006

a couple of random additions...

1) i've been bad about commenting on other peoples' blogs. I will try to be better about this, I swear, but I am reading you all, and it really helped to know that so many other people where out there getting their runs in today, especially the fellow pfitzers!

2) elizabeth, forget about the run thru hell, come do the CRIM in two weeks! it will be awesome! (actually, I've never done it before, but it's supposed to be a good race). and, I am sooooo freaking excited for the trail M in *gasp* just over a month!

3) contrary to popular belief, I am not out getting drunk every weekend, you guys... :) while I may have streaks of "going out" weekends, I'm usually DD for half those weekends (like last weekend and three weekends ago). crazy things tend to happen whether I am drunk or sober though, so that's why you all get pics that seem weird regardless of my level of intoxication. this weekend I watched chick flicks and went to bed before 11 both nights (it was heavenly!), so y'all didn't get any fun pictures. sorry!

4) in case I didn't mention it, ice baths are absolutely awesome.

8 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Mouse, you're funny. :)

And yes, ice bath's are a little slice of heaven.

Brooke said...

Chick flick's rule. I hope I didn't upset you with my comment about getting pictures. I was totally kidding about that.

E-Speed said...

CRIM does sound tempting, I have always wanted to do it. Highly competitive though!

Ryan said...

What is your ice bath approach? Do you seriously put ice in the tub? Or is it a pseudo ice bath which is comprised of just really cold water? And I haven't seen any of these fun pic's you speak of. :(

Phil said...

Congratulations on your 20 miles yesterday. Totally awesome. I liked your strategy of breaking the run up into two unequal chunks.

Yes, I do think, we are crazy sometimes. One of the reasons I blog is that no one besides a runner understands why someone would go out and run 16, 18 or 20 miles for fun … and then come home and take an ice bath. Non-runners just can’t comprehend it.

MNFirefly said...

I am one who's not fond of ice baths. I try to imagine myself in a hot tubs instead.

Lance Notstrong said...

Yeah, I want to know what Ryab asked? Real ice, or cold water? When and why do you take them?

:) said...

11:00 o' clock??? That's late for me these days!

Brrrr..ice baths.

 
Site Meter