after a most stressful week that consisted of little running and an awful lot of reading for grad courses, I am finally able to take a minute to relax and enjoy some football and beer. life is good once again.
today's game was pretty sweet. I was a little disappointed with our offense (most likely because we were so stellar last weekend), but our defense continues to kick some serious ass. a lot of the plays that will be considered "defensive highlights" happened right down where we are, so we had an up close view of the asskicking. My dad was way impressed. in all my years of having tickets (undergrad and now), I had never taken him to a football game in the Big House, so I figured it was about his time. I also told him that's what thousands of dollars of undergrad tuition (payed largely by him) and thousands of dollars of grad school tuition (payed all by me) will get you. Seats right next to the sorority bitches. sweet. [note: I apologize if I offend any former sorority girls from other schools. but ours seem to be particularly dumb. numbers increase sequentially... it's not THAT hard to match the number on your ticket to the number on the seat. and for god sake, your seats don't move from game to game! how can you not find your seat EVERY FUCKING GAME?!?]
anyways. right now I am watching Michigan State hand Notre Dame another ass beating. which makes me happy because Notre Dame is attended by wretched beasts. OH! AND NOW THEY'RE FIGHTING! HAHAHAHA! THIS IS AWESOME. ok. sorry. but anyways, yeah. it also makes me sad because Michigan State sorta blows, so if they slaughter Notre Dame too it kind of takes away from us kicking their asses last weekend.
sooooo. you know what else is exciting? tickets to the Umich v. Uminn game. next weekend. purchased by the beautiful MplsJu. and plane tickets the Mpls, purchased by MoMo, GaryGinew, and yours truly. and the fact that it's a night game, which means like 8 hours of tailgating and being drunkenly obnoxious to Minnesoooooota fans. and the fact that the Metrodome sells beer during the game. Next weekend might be the best weekend of my life. you know those fans? The ones that are drunk and obnoxious, but their team is winning so there's not much you can say to them? yeah. that'll be us next weekend.
Gopher fans, take a look at that video I posted a few days ago. That's gonna become a familiar chant to you next weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Sweet!!!! Nothing beats beer and football. Oh wait, I don't actually know anything about football. Oh well, off to Express. We're at the mall and of course had to visit the Mac store.
Yay! In one week, we'll be drunkenly celebrating (or bemoaning, not to set a jinx here) our game!!
And, our offense might have been suffering from a lack of scoring by our defense (as I was telling Ginew earlier today). So subtract 14 (21?) points from last week's score and it doens't look sooo bad... :)
OH MY GOD ND just scored!! Holy crap, I'm totally speechless. Except to say no one plays with a lead worse than MSU. Holy motherfucking crap.
jus... i'm watching this right now too.
wurd.
the MSU crowd just looks absolutely stunned. I think I can predict what they're thinking... "HOW DO WE SUCK SO BAD?!"
You thought E. Lansing was going to burn when they were about to win....now that they've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, the whole of mid-Michigan is going up in flames! Look out, Momo!!
Holy crap. I can't believe what I just saw. So much for the end of the ND lovefest.
Ohhhhhhhh.......I don't think SO!! Especially on OUR turf. It's too baaaaad that I will be doing my 12 miler next Saturday and then heading to the TCM expo to see you and Mplsju at the game. DARN! I hope you can meet up with us on Sunday AM to assist the cheering the runners.
yay for relieveing stress! Hope you are having a good weekend!
Firefly,
Minnesota lost to Purdue. Purdue! The Boilermakers gave up more points to 1AA Indiana State, Ball State, and Miami(OH) than they did to Minnesota. And you are trying to convince me Minnesota will score more than 0 points on Michigan, yet alone enough to win? Have you seen our defense? Surely the Gopher QB will see plenty of Woodley while he is feeling the pain next Saturday.
Enjoy your last week with the lovely jug.
Go Blue, baby!!!! Good to see another U of M fan. It is rough for me back in the Buckeye State. : (
Post a Comment