Thursday, October 12, 2006

mittens

so it's kinda cold here. I woke up to snow on my car. that's always nice. IN THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER. good grief. as I was walking to get some lunch today, I was thinking that it's time to break out my mittens. which reminds me of a funny story from the trip to Mpls...

we had been tailgating for a few hours. Walchka had already shown up, I believe, and brought me a freaking bottle of tequila (seriously. that is awesome. have I mentioned how much I *heart* Walchka?), so needless to say, things were good. Someone - I have no idea who - asked where in Michigan I was from. I am totally one of those people who does the hand thing, because LET'S JUST FACE IT PEOPLE, it's convenient. you KNOW that if your state was shaped like a foot, you'd be whipping it out every time someone asked you where you were from.

so I'm showing whomever where I'm from, and Juju sees me and yells at me to come over and do that in front of her friend A. So, as I'm showing A where i'm from, she goes, "whatever. Michigan is so not shaped like a hand."

hooooooooold up.

I don't know what kind of maps they're teaching kids in Minnesota to look at, but i'm pretty-freaking-sure that Michigan looks like a hand. and then! then she says, "WISCONSIN looks like a hand."

awwww. poor girl.

see, I had been drinking for quite some time by then, so I unleashed a fury that was not so silent on her.

"WHAT?!?! are you an IDIOT?! seriously! you have to be kidding, right?"

she continued to try to convince me that Wisconsin looks like a mitten, and that Michigan does not. so I yelled,

"i'm sorry. I really am. I don't mean to be rude or anything. but seriously. ARE YOU AN IDIOT? YOU HAVE TO BE THE DUMBEST PERSON I'VE EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A MAP OF WHAT MICHIGAN LOOKS LIKE?!"

I think I continued yelling at her for like 3 minutes. the guys around me were cracking up because I'd periodically stop and say, "i'm sorry, I don't have anything against you, and I don't mean to be rude, but..." and then start yelling. awww. poor girl.

the funniest part? Jules told me that on Monday when she got to work, A told her that she REALLY enjoyed meeting me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! and I thought the poor girl was going to hate me.

6 comments:

walchka said...

As a witness of said incident I have to say that it was very very entertaining.

Note to the world: Don't pick a fight with Mouse! :)

Anonymous said...

I also can't believe it was snowing this morning. It was just hailing here as well.

E-Speed said...

Wisconsin like a hand? Oh Hell No! Michigan is the Mitten state!

Oh and freaking snow, before my birthday, that just is not right! (we only got a few flurries here today)

MNFirefly said...

ROFL! You are too funny, Mouse. Yes, Michigan is in the shape of a HAND...geez!

Jon said...

Have you ever asked anyone from W. Va. where they're from? W.Va. also looks like a hand . . . flipping the bird.

Josh Dysart said...

Snow? In October? Seriously? An excuse to drink to keep warm? I think so :)

 
Site Meter