Saturday, November 11, 2006

to do.

I've got lots to do in the next few months. I've gotta figure out a training plan. for this. and I need to get back to the gym and start lifting, because trail running doesn't wreck your legs, like pavement running does, it pretty much just pounds your whole body instead. and I need to keep up with classwork. and visit with the crazychicas next weekend and over thanksgiving. and not go crazy with my family while still supporting them. and graduate! and not freak out about graduating. and get ready for the holidays without freaking out so much about my mom (read: below post). soooo... to do list:

- apply to graduate. (check. did it yesterday)
- figure out running plan that won't drive you crazy (since it's too dark to run trails during the week and the treadmill is abysmal).
- figure out lifting plan.
- stop procrastinating with schoolwork so you have time to run during the week.
- eat better.
- drink less.
- sign up for grief counseling. (check. did it yesterday)

OH. everyone within traveling distance to MI... Sunshine suggested we have a "take mouse out to celebrate her graduation" night over the holidays. COME BUY ME A DRINK. it will be fun! [crazychicas, this is your formal invitiation. I told Sunshine we had to wait until you all were home, so you all are the deciding factor on exactly WHEN this happens...]

I'm off to run some trails! and lift! good god, i haven't lifted in ages.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i'm glad you're going to see someone. i hope it helps. soon :) so you feel better!

and your penultimate post (love that word) was beautiful.

have fun on your night out!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Something tells me that the second to last thing on your list is going to be tough ;)

Trisaratops said...

Ooooh...DEEEEtroit is a mere 2 hours away...very tempting! :) I'm heading to Hawaii from 12/21-30 (I know, poor, poor me) but if you celebrate on NOT one of those days, perhaps I could make a little road trip! I could grab an E-Speed, perhaps?

Glad you are going to see someone, too...sounds like you are doing well.

A Deal Or No Deal said...

Wow, graduation. Isn't that terrifying? Actually, I think you study something marketable, so it's probably not.

E-Speed said...

David and I want to see you when we are up for Thanksgiving!

Your last post made me cry.

When is this trail 50k again and can I still get cheap tickets?

Sonia said...

Congrats on your graduation, that is exciting!!

Are you doing the 25 or 50K?? I like your plans, I should incorporate some of the "drink less" in my own schedule.. =)

MNFirefly said...

Mouse, It's awesome that you are seeing someone. It really does help...from a personal experience.

Congrads on your upcoming graduation. I graduate with my undergrad in a year or so. I can not wait!

Rae said...

Have you bought some airfare yet? I need to mail in our app for the Swampstomper this week! And find a cheap hotel!! YEAH! I think it will be so much fun to become ultrarunners!!!!!

Are you loving the boots I picked out for you???

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a master plan.
Congrats on graudation and good luck with grad school.

The race by the way looks awesome!

Jess said...

It always helps to have a list, especially one where you've already been able to check things off!

Anonymous said...

Woman, what is it with you? You write about your Michigan life and it reminds me of growing up there. Now you are going to Memphis, where I lived for 3 1/2 years, and you are bringing back memories of being there. And a few weeks ago, I had a dream that you and I were rushing to get to a race on time. Get out of my head, would ya? :)

I'm easily within driving distance of Dee-troit. Let me know when you are celebrating! I'll come up if I can and party with you.

 
Site Meter