anyways, enough complaining. Christmas was ok; I got lots of running related stuff and a bunch of other random stuff so that's always nice. On Tuesday, the girls all convened to go out and celebrate my graduation. I checked my grades early that morning to determine that I had, in fact, passed both my classes (A- in both) so I finally felt that I could "officially" celebrate. it's a weird feeling, being done. we all headed out one of the local watering holes that has KARAOKE on Tuesday nights.
The place was packed, so we took a small table over by the bar area and were quickly approached by a young man named James who felt the need to buy us a pitcher. James also found us a table over in the karaoke-ing section of the establishment, so we headed over there. JuJu did an awesome job of telling everyone who approached us that we were celebrating my graduation, so there were a few shots mixed in there. and then Biff from back to the future sat down next to us.
This was clearly before I realized he a) wasn't going to buy us drinks, and b) was going to cockblock every other man for us. the man would not leave us alone and just parked his butt. it was funny at first, but then we just wanted him to leeeaaaave. after he told me for the 18th time how "completely awesome" we girls were, I told him, "you know what would make us awesomer? if you BOUGHT US SHOTS!" he finally agreed, but then the stupid waitress didn't bother coming by for literally 45 minutes or something ridiculous and he actually finally got up and left by the time she moseyed over to us. SO IRRITATING.
anyways. other highlights of the evening include trying to do karaoke to R. Kelly's "Ignition," only to find out that there were two versions, and the one we were set up to sing was NOT the remix. worst. karaoking. experience. ever. We also all got up and started dancing to JT during the karaoke intermission, hopefully satisfying AP's desire to go dancing at the Post at least a little bit (JuJu had forgotten her ID so we didn't think she'd be able to get in).When we took off to leave we were told by Biff that he was having an after party and that we should all come over to his place. he then turned to his roommate and said something along the lines of, "dude, we're having an after party." We graciously declined and headed home, on the way placing a call to Walchka, who we serenaded with Justin Timberlake's SexyBack. We then proceeded to hang up on Dice once we got back to my apartment (I was in the bathroom and told skitzo to answer the phone, and from what I hear, Jules got jealous of Skitzo not "paying attention to her," so she just, "reached in and hit the red button." HA!) I bet you are all WAY HAPPY that I don't have most of your phone numbers, eh?
so yeah. that was Tuesday. I proceeded to sleep until about noon the next day and then actually got my butt out for a hungover 6 mile trail run. Then I headed Downtown to watch the Red Wings game with Air Force Friend and his family and a bunch of other friends. We went to Canada after the game because Air Force Friend's girlfriend and sister are not legal in the States yet, and suffice it to say that it was a pretty lame time. Hanging out in Canada really isn't much fun unless you're 19 or 20, you know?
The last two days I have been pretty lazy. I did get out for a 5.5 mile trail run on Friday and 11 miles in trails in yesterday. I have also been sleeping. excessively. like, 10 hours last night and 12-13 the night before. I think i'm making up for all the sleep deprevation that I treated myself to this past semester. tonight i'm going to head down to hang out with the family for a bit and then I think the girls are coming over for a nice quiet night in. and then all day tomorrow? FOOTBALL!
GO BLUE!


No comments:
Post a Comment