Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

The past two days have been very tiring. But I guess that's what the holidays are about. Saturday I went wedding shopping with KTG and her sister and mom. She found a dress at an unbelievable deal so she is all set in that department. I started crying when I saw her with it on, and her mom said, "for the record, I was NOT the first one to start crying." it's just because I LOVE HER MORE, Mrs. G. We then spent the entire day hanging out at her house. I had to babysit the rugrat so he came over to play with KTG's nephew while we baked cookies. Then it was off to dinner and drinks with KTG's sister and cousins to celebrate her engagement.

We got a call from MoMo while we were out that a ton of folks from the high school era were out at another bar, so we headed over there for a while. It was much fun to see all the guys and gals I hung out with in high school and to catch up on what was going on with them. MoMo and AP convinced me that I should get up godawful early the next morning to run with the local running club so I asked if they were going slow and not very far. I was assured no faster than 10 minute miles and no more than 4 miles. THEY ARE LIARS. after dragging myself out of bed the next morning they proceed to drag me through 5 miles at 9:00 pace, which I was so not ready for on 4 hours of sleep and no food or drink that morning. but it felt good to have the run in.

I spent the rest of Christmas eve running around getting stuff done (GSD for MoMo) and then headed down to my dad's to hang out and go to church with my brother. after church I stopped by Airforce friend's house because he is HOME! and so is his BROTHER (who is also in the air force). there was much high pitched screaming and hugging as his sisters and mom and aunt and I caught up. I accidently called his aunt a slutty nurse. I think she thought it was funny. I hope, at least. :) after a few hours of visiting I was finally able to pull myself away from my second family and headed home to my real family where I made a cherry pie and chit chatted with my bro before heading home to catch an awesome night's sleep in my own bed. I've got to shower and get moving back down to my dad's before rugrat shows up and opens all the presents without realizing they aren't his.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Merry Christmas!

Rae said...

Merry Christmas!! Pips needs some snuggles. Scoot up that flight and let's skip the 50K!!!! I have lots of leftover cheese!

MNFirefly said...

Merry Christmas, Mouse!!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas!!!

 
Site Meter