Monday, December 18, 2006

put a fork in this puppy.

'cuz I am done. DONE, I tell you! well, that's assuming I pass both my classes. which we'll just assume for right now because I am sooooooo tired of school. so yeah. I didn't really have final exams, I just had final papers due. MORE WORK TO DRAG OUT, that means.

I spent half the weekend down at my dad's place putting up the tree and cleaning up a bit. The super way exciting news is that my brother was home for the weekend to let us know that this time next year there will be a new rugrat in the family. how exciting is that?! I'm going to be an aunt again! I stayed down on Saturday night so that we could all hang out. and, well, I had had a few too many beers with my other brother while trying to figure out how the goddamn Christmas tree went together, so it's not like I could have driven anyways. GIVE IT UP FOR THE AEROSPACE ENGINEERING UNDERGRAD! I successfully figured out how all the plugs fit together, and my Mechanical Engineering brother could not. HA! [note: I did not even state how I went to Michigan and HE went to Michigan State. Or the fact that he's an actual practicing engineer, and I am not.]

So YAY! also, super exciting news is that KTG and her boyfriend, who some of you met at the RBF meetup, are ENGAGED! i'm super excited for them.

On the running front, Rae, Brent, and I are in a competition to see who can be most ill prepared for this 50k. Regardless, it will be a blast. Granted, maybe a painful blast, but whatever. How often do you get to say, "i'm taking vacation to go meet up with a couple of strangers off the internet and run 31 miles with them"?

OH! now that i've just terrified my entire family, hellooooooo to my sissy, who evidently found my blog yesterday. I will ignore the "Patasha Potatohead" comment, sissy, lest I feel the need to break out YOUR nickname. *cough* flippo-the-hippo *cough*

we have such a loving family, I tell you.

I'M WATCHING MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL TONIGHT! YAY! GO BENGALS!

10 comments:

E-Speed said...

I am sure you passed your classes with flying colors :)

I so wish I could run 31 miles with you guys too! :(

Anonymous said...

Aunt Mouse,

wow. i can't even imagine the feelings that go along with being done :) enoy the moment. such a beautiful moment...merry christmas!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Congrats on being done! Enjoy some good old fashioned down time.

BTW, stupid *grumble* good Payton Manning *grumble grumble*

MNFirefly said...

CONGRADS, Mouse. I will be in your shoes one year from now. I can NOT wait to be DONE.

Alison said...

Congrats! Yeah, that's the one thing I miss about being a student...being done with finals. And going out to the bar that night and staying till I can't walk straight.

I didn't know you were an aerospace engineering undergrad. Liberal arts majors like me can't put together anything.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being done and on the "rugrat" that will make you an aunt again!! Too bad the Bengals sucked it up last night. That stinking Payton Manning!! I can't stand him!! Merry Christmas!!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Congratulations on being done with school and on the impending new rugrat.  Best of luck getting ill-prepared for the big 50K.

walchka said...

Congrats on the new family member and finishing up with your classes. Now start boozin!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Oh Mousie...how you make me giggle.

I want lots of pictures from this 50k of yours. I imagine that out of everyone, Pips will be the least prepared. ;) Afterall, he's only got one official 5k under his collar, and that was ages ago!

I take it the paper was completed and all that jazz. I wish we could entice you to Chicago with all of those cookies and sugary goodness I made. Oh crap...I need to send you the recipe for THE BALLS...

*scampers off to email*

*mwah* - B

Anonymous said...

CHEERS to that...glad to hear classes are done for you! I'd like to see what the 50k ill prepared training schedule involves = )

Have a happy and healthy holiday season!

 
Site Meter