Sunday, January 28, 2007

and now, something you didn't expect...

the weekend was a blast. full of giggling and shrieking and alcohol and just plain craziness, as weekends that we all spend together are prone to do. i'll recap on that a bit, hopefully, once i have the 237 pictures from last night downloaded. instead, let's talk about something else.

saturday morning, KTG (who lives in chicago) picked me up so we could go bridesmaid dress shopping with two of the other bridesmaids. one of the bridesmaids (B), who I have known for quite some time through KTG and consider a good friend myself, has just had a baby and happened to bring the little munchkin with her. OH MY GOD, PEOPLE. the baby is so, SO freaking cute. as she was being handed over to me, B was telling me how she talks to the baby as they're doing things together, and that morning she had told her, "today you're going to meet someone new. I just want to warn you, but she's a LITTLE bit crazy. don't be scared of her, ok?" HA! B also told me that I have such a great laugh - the likes of which the baby had never heard before - and she wanted to see how she would react to that. turns out, the little doll must like crazy people with obnoxious laughs, because she was pretty much a perfect little angel the entire time that I played with her and held her.

as I was holding this perfect little creation, I was reminded of the many, many talks with my mom about wanting to have kids and about raising a family. she always thought i'd be a great mom. I always thought she was crazy. I put so many of those thoughts on hold after my ex and I split up. But now, especially with my brother now expecting a little one this upcoming year, i've been thinking about it again. and I get a little bit excited about it. granted, it's a waaaaaaaays away, but I can keep the idea tucked away in a back corner of my mind, I guess (instead of just ruling it out completely).

and besides, I think the "baby" accessory looks good on me...

3 comments:

MplsJu said...

babies are the new black

Josh Dysart said...

Shouldn't it be the other way around, "...the baby "accesory" ..." Otherwise, you're implying that the baby is not really a baby, but an accessory after all. Confused yet? I am.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Baby accessory looks cool.

Where can I get one?

 
Site Meter