i'm not going to be lame and discuss how not in shape I am, even though I feel that way, because it's really boring and I have no one to blame except myself. but I will comment that my freaking shoulder muscle is sore... from using my salad spinner last night. THAT'S HOW BAD THIS IS, PEOPLE. for a girl who used to read muscle and fitness magazine regularly (leave me alone, my sister was way into bodybuilding for a while), this is preeeeeetty darn pathetic.
so, it's time. I kinda wanna run this. it's supposed to be a great race, and it's local which is good because life is just hectic for me right now. and the trail that it's on is hella tough. which means I need to get a lot stronger than I am now. soooo... ready, steady, go.
i'm gonna follow a Higdon plan, because I don't have the base for Pfitz right now. and I also think that trying to follow Pfitz in the wintertime would either drive me nuts due to the excessive mileage indoors or would disappoint me because I wouldn't be able to get the runs in due to weather. I'm a few weeks late starting as far as long runs go, but the weekly mileage isn't nearly as bad so I think i'll be ok. i'll give it a whirl and see how i'm feeling after a week or two and then adjust or reevaluate all together.
anyways, so tonight... cross training for 50 minutes on the elliptical and then a severe beating to my leg muscles. my hamstrings hurt. which is good. because I usually slack off on working them and focus on my quads.
on a totally unrelated note, isn't it weird how food that you hate when you were little can suddenly be really good once you've become an adult? [and I hesitate with that statement, because I have severe doubts that i'm actually an "adult"] I made half of an acorn squash tonight, and man was it good. I never would have thought i'd be saying that 15 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Now tell me. Why the hell would you want to go run this tough ass trail run when you can hang out with two of the coolest couples in blogland and their four-legged friends?
Seriously.
Treat those hammies to a Monday night beer!! They'll thank you for it in the morning.
Ooh! Ooh! The traaaaail marathon. Mmmmmmm. Its a great race. I ran the half but ran nearly the full one on a training run. You should definately do it.
Don't feel too bad about feeling out of shape, Mouse. From what I'm reading on other runner blogs, almost everyone is off their game right now. The month of January does that to *everyone*.
Higdon is a great plan for winter and spring, and you can always move up to Pfitz when you feel ready.
I hope you can make your big trail race. Please allow me to also plant a seed in your head for this December 1. It's a lot of crazy fun, even if you DNF like I did last year.
Best of luck with your spring training.
And take it easy on that salad spinner, jeez!
(dang, my hyperlink didn't work in my last comment. sorry.)
I never liked eggs when I was a kid (I think it's b/c I feared that my mom would crack one open and there would be a baby chick), and now as an adult I love eggs: over-easy, scrambled, omelets, whatever! So, I totally get what you're saying about how taste changes. But I'm glad they do change; otherwise, I might never have grown to love beer!
I love the eliptical machine myself. Right now my legs do not love me enough to let me use it...plus the doc doesn't want me too either for a while.
As for food, I am amazed on what I really like. I still hate peas and mushroom (unless sauted in LOTS of butter..yummm!). I make it a point after every birthday to try ONE new food each year at least. I found that it opens my eyes to things stuff I was missing.
I regret to inform you that you are, in fact, an adult. that's a long-ass time on the elliptical; I can barely do 15.
Post a Comment