I don't feel too bad because I was pretty exhausted on my 5.5 miler yesterday, no doubt a result of the prior day's bloodgiving. and what is the deal with the weather here? it's like we have permanent thick cloud cover 24/7. Not exactly motivating to get you outside. that's totally napping weather! it's completely not my fault!
So yeah, yesterday's run was eventful, as you can see below. I started feeling really fatigued about 1.5 miles in so I just took it nice and easy. It was kind of sprinkling and was (of course) totally cloudy and mucky on the trails. there was lots of ooey gooey mud all over the place, and I attempted to avoid it and run on the outer edges for the first two miles or so, but then it just got to the point where my feet were completely covered so I just ran right through the middle of the swampy patches. it was wonderful.
on one of the little wooden bridges that covers a stream, I was heading down the descending portion of the bridge and the wet, slippery wood combined with my mud covered tread on my shoes resulted in what i'm sure was a hilarious scene, had anyone been near by. I swiftly THUMPED onto my ass in a big old pile of mud. mud was ALL OVER THE PLACE. from there on out I literally made no effort to stay clean at all. by the time I was done I had mud specks up and down my arms, all over my hands, and my pants and shoes were a mess. luckily I had a towel in my car to cover my seat up before driving home.
and, like I said, people... Tom Brady = total dreamboat.


7 comments:
Damn...why'd he have to play for Michigan.... ;)
I think even I could overlook that.
Nice job on the mud! Way to get dirrrrrty!
sounds like you needed the nap :) I am all about naps. It is too bad it is too late for one of my own right now I am wiped out.
>and what is the deal with the weather here? it's like we have permanent thick cloud cover 24/7. Not exactly motivating to get you outside.<
It's called Winter in Michigan - even if the temps don't reflect it, the clouds do!
Also, you should prepare for about a million hits to your blog from people searching for "Tom Brady". Maybe you'll even get a journalist asking permission to use your photo!! :)
Glad to see someone out there is catching some zzzz's = ) No use avoiding the mud, just get dirty and have fun - - from the looks and description you sure did!
Great run, sounds fun. Might have to think about taking up trail running.
what do people see in tom brady? i don't think he's a dreamboat. Is there something wrong with me if I don't think that?
Mud=LOTS of fun!!
Post a Comment