Thursday, February 01, 2007

and now the regularly scheduled talk of running...

tuesday I got my 3 miles in on the treadmill, just over 9:30 pace. then I lifted bi's and tri's because I am TOTALLY WEAK. good times, good times.

yesterday I was going to swap my scheduled 5 with the 3 that's scheduled for today, but I was really tired and figured that digesting beer and steak already was a good enough workout for my poor body. Instead, I put a face mask on, curled up in bed and started reading my favorite childhood book EVER, and drifted off for a divine 10 hours of sleep. Sleep deprivation seriously is awful for me; I get cranky and irritable and just plain grumpy, and that's the last thing I need right now so I am taking steps to avoid it.

the really awesome thing? is that tuesday, wednesday, AND today I got up each day to do yoga. after reading e-speed's post on how she thinks that's one of the major thing that's helping her not be sore after her spontaneous 50K last weekend, I have even more motivation to stick to it. well, and the fact that I am the least flexible person on this planet, and that's really annoying.

tonight I'm getting that 5 in right after work and then heading over to get some lifting in. trail marathons don't just run themselves, you know...

6 comments:

E-Speed said...

yay for yoga! I'm going tonight :)

walchka said...

No I am the least flexible person on this planet. Trust me on this one. :)

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

What book were you reading?

Anonymous said...

yay for yoga!

(i was supposed to go tonight, but I decided packing for my SoCal trip was more important. but still, yay for yoga!)

MplsJu said...

Shit. I should know that book, huh.

Speaking of great childhood books, I've been itching to read A Wrinkle in Time for a couple months now. I might have to get myself to a library soon to find a copy...

MNFirefly said...

I need to be more flexible myself and work on my arms...and getting off my sorry ass too. UGH!

 
Site Meter