Thursday, February 01, 2007

in yet another crushing blow to my ego...

last night, as my dad and I were having dinner, he asked how bridesmaid dress shopping with KTG went, and I told him all the GRRRRREAT details that i'm sure he REALLY, REALLY wanted to hear about. so as i'm commenting on how absurdly cute we're all going to be, I said something along the lines of, "i'm going to be the cutest date to a wedding that you've ever had! besides mom, of course." and he goes, "hey! don't I get to bring my own date?!"

rejected. by my dad. wonderful. :)

so, eligible bachelors of blogland (and yes, i'm grrrrrrrrrr-ing in the direction of Walchka and Shadoweyes right now), I am soliciting someone to accompany me on June 16th. requirements are that you not suck and that you are more attractive than my dad (to make him jealous and all, you know). Oh... and people who carry dead animals around with them need not apply.

application fee is the cost of a bottle of wine.

that is all.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

my dad rejected me too. i was on homecoming court so i had to go to the homecoming dance and my boyfriend and i broke up the week before. i was feeling pathetic and i told my dad if no one asked me he had to go with me and he said i could go with my younger brother instead. seriously. way to help a girl out.

E-Speed said...

awwe if I was a single guy I'd apply in a heartbeat!

MplsJu said...

Oh my god - your dad would love it. Propositioning the internet for a date, as long as said date supplies (possibly GHB-laden) wine.

I guess if some stalker/lurker sees this as their chance to kidnap (adultnap? womannap?) you to some wierdo running fantasy island, your dad will have only himself to blame!

MNFirefly said...

WOW! That sucks! Where's the guys when you need them? AHEM!

Iron Jayhawk said...

*cough*

I really need to get rid of this..don't i!?

Anyway...I hear phog is available. and he likes his bitches easy...so it's a win-win, right!?!?

 
Site Meter