so why can't I?
i'm talking about abondoning the idea of running a full this spring and focusing on a half instead. the thought of that makes me happy. I'd love to do the full trail marathon but the truth of the matter is that I have too many excuses that will prevent me from training properly, and I can't train well for it. yeah, I could probably get the miles in, but i'd be abandoning speedwork and crosstraining and lifting and yoga and I don't feel like doing that right now.
So I think i'm going to plan on the half instead, and then to do Dexter to Ann Arbor because I hear my sister wants to do it and I love the chance to show my sister that i'm better than her so...
yeah.
i'm moving next week. which is just one of the things on a long list of "excuses" that will prevent me from marathoning. I am so not ready to move. I also have a conference presentation to prepare for and a journal article that will be coming back for revisions and a CE class that I somehow got roped into teaching and another journal article to start writing and a class to audit and WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE DREAM OF HAVING SOME GODDAMN FREE TIME ONCE I GRADUATED?? HUH?
all I want is to be able to sit down, relax, and watch the Pistons play with a beer in my hand. is that so much to ask for?
this week i've been doing a lot of cross training because i've found treadmill running to be dreadful again. that, and the fact that all the men who use our fitness center must be the most cold blooded people on the face of this earth. the heat in the place is constantly set to something like 82 degrees, and I kid you not... they all come in with pants and sweatshirts or longsleeve t's to come work out. They wear more clothes running inside in the 82 degree fitness center than I would be wearing outside this time of year. not to mention the fact that they are always monopolizing the televisions with the most questionable programming ever, but whatever (i'm talking WWE wrestling here, folks). so yeah. lots of cross training and lifting because I have to live up to the "guns" nickname when i go visit my friend brando next month. why do the stupidest things in life motivate me?
OK! off to get some actual work done so I can go trail running today. I will conquer the 9 mile loop at ILRA, even if there IS snow on it. and not because I have to, but because I really, really want to. that's such a great feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Nothing wrong with rocking a half this spring!
Hope the move goes easier that you think it will.
Have fun on the trail for me!
I will praying that the move goes very smooth for you. I hate moving myself and anything about it just puts me in a cring.
As for the running, do what you are most comfortable with and willing to work towards. You know how your schedule works and dictate it that way.
Good luck with your move, and with the 9 mile loop.
Moving sucks!!!
I say sign up for a full, train like it's a half and then on race day say "crap, this is a whole???". That's what I'm doing anyway. =)
Wow, I think everything I just typed is grammatically correct. Seriously, why is it that people say Southerners are dumb?????
do what makes you happy. like running nine miles in the snow :)
Post a Comment