we had our holiday party at work today. we don't usually have a holiday party in December because so much other stuff is going on, so we always have our celebration on some random day, and today happened to be the day.
the fun thing is that we do a white elephant type gift exchange every year. two years ago, I gave away an absolutely hideous candle and candle holder that my mom had picked up at the dollar store and gave to me, thinking it would make a good holiday decoration. ugh. the thing is gross looking. I promptly gave it away in that year's gift exchange. Whoever got it that year regifted it last year, and since then the joke has been that the guy who was in possession of the candle was on a mission to make sure it made its way back to me this year. I don't work in that cluster of offices, so I was pretty sure that all the guys down there were co-conspiring to come up with a plan to ensure my receipt of the hideous object. They were, of course, by I am too sly for them and managed to escape their wrath. Instead, I ended up with two yoga CDs (just audio tracks guiding you through a series of poses). I was pretty excited about this because I am on a mission to incorporate more yoga and stretching into my routine, so everything ended up alright in the end.
I also got a box of white castle burgers in the "bonus gift drawing," which I fully intend to leave in our freezer at work for the next year and regift at next year's holiday party. you think i'm joking, but I so am not...
did y'all see that mike decided to out me on my infatuation with Phog? I guess it's time I come clean to everyone, in case you didn't know. Phog and I? we had an emotional connection when we met up. I know the distance is an issue, and will be difficult to work through, but I really think that maybe we can make it work! the only real problem is that he is just too damn nice, and will shake his little ass and bark for anyone who even looks in his direction, where I am decidedly not very nice, and generally just prefer to make fun of people. i'm hope this won't be too big of an issue, but it can really make me feel guilty for being mean to so many people, when he always has such a cheerful attitude. his obsession with kansas basketball and refusal to support the maize and blue may also be an issue, but only time will tell on that one.
at any rate, here are some photos from our meeting. at least his parents and I get along well...



[all those in favor of irony and sarcasm, please raise your hands...]

6 comments:
**raising my hand** MEEEEEEEE! I know where this was going. ;)
As for the holiday party, nice gift. But personally I LOVE White Castle hamburger and very guilty of it. They are SO good. (Now I am really hungry now and should stop to get some on the way home before I head to Chi-town.)
*raises hand*
Oh mousie...what are we going to do with you?
I think that...Phog (we ARE talking about Phog, right?) will come around with ye olde maize and blue. I think a good ole fashion belly rub should do the trick. ...or a few beers. :)
He could've gone to OSU or State...and well, that would've been really tragic. So there is a silver lining!
Not gonna try and cover anything up, but phog is kinda skanky. He's been around the block a few to many times and he is a heart breaker. Be careful!!! Ladies watch out for the little black man.
Am i missing something? Why would i need to raise my hand?
You and Phog look terrific together!
Ah, love.
I don't get the hand raising so I will just keep mine on the keyboard.
Phog is so cute!!! I think he may even be bigger than Pippin!!!
So this is how it ends huh? No phone call, no knock at my door, not even a damn email. You just announce you have fallen for another - SHORTER - guy on your blog. Awesome. Whatever, I'm over it
Post a Comment