Tuesday, May 08, 2007

moving on.

it's been so long now that I couldn't talk about this. and now I can, and I don't quite know what to say.

it was beautiful here this weekend. and dice was in town, which always makes things nicer, but I will talk about that some other time. but yes. here. in michigan. it was nice.

for the past few weeks i've been really enjoying things. looking around. visiting my favorite restaurants. appreciating how beautiful it is here. in michigan.

there's so, so much that has happened here. so much history. I learned to laugh here. I learned to love here. I learned to cry here. and then I learned to dry my tears and laugh and love again. here.

"here" will not be michigan for very much longer. I will learn to laugh, and to love, and to cry someplace else. soon, at least for the foreseeable future, "here" will be Chicago.

notice has been given, as of this morning. under the most excruciating circumstances. today was probably one of the worst days that I could have given notice. but they needed to know. I'll be leaving at the end of the month.

even my father is excited. "Chi-ca-go, Chi-ca-go, is my kind of tooooooown," is what he keeps singing. this from the man who, a year and a half ago told me, "all I want for you is to get married, settle down, and have some kids. and live closer to home than you are now." I lived 50 minutes away at the time. heh.

our lives have changed so much since that day. we've grown so much. and now it's time for me to grow in leaps and bounds. a fantastic career opportunity, a great city, a beautiful place to live... [not to mention a few awesome friends. :) ]

it's time to grow. and I know she would be so proud.

16 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you ... "Congratulations!"

Yeah, so I just re-read that, and it's kinda lame. Oh well. You're going to kick some ass in Chicago.

Iron Jayhawk said...

This post makes me smile.

Your city awaits you!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Let me be the first Chicagoan you've never met to say "Welcome to Chicago!". The trails may be less accessible here, but we've got a great lakefront path...

Arcane said...

Good luck!

L*I*S*A said...

I'm jealous...I heart ChiTown. You'll do great things there.

MNFirefly said...

WOW! Congrads! I guess I am not going to be newbie blogger in Chicago anymore. Whooohoo!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Sounds like good news, mouse! Take some pics of those lovely Pinckney trails. You'll miss them when you're gone.

LeahC said...

congrats girl! can't wait to have you in my (yes my ;-) ) city!

Jess said...

Good luck in Chicago: You'll have fun there.

Christopher Mitchell said...

Slowly, you will come closer and closer to the Minneapolis Mecca...

you may not realize it yet, but you'll be here soon enough =)

Congrats!

teacherwoman said...

I hear ya. It's hard to leave a place with so many memories! Change is good. That is how we grow!

Enjoy Chicago!

Sonia said...

Awesome news! congrats on the job and the move!! How exciting! =)

Anonymous said...

wow, congrats!

Trisaratops said...

Congratulations!

So excited for you.

So are you totally doing Chicago Marathon with me in '08? Please? Please?

:)

MNFirefly said...

P.S. Mouse, don't listen to Christopher...Chicago is BETTER! :D

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Welcome to Chicago!

I'll be looking for you out on the running path.  See you around!

 
Site Meter