Thursday, May 10, 2007

training?

what's that?

I guess it's time to really, actually get back into things, eh? I've been working out pretty religiously (seriously, the girl who swipes cards at the gym here knows me by name because I come in at the same time every morning. it's pretty sad), but the whole "running" thing has been sporadic. basically meaning, "whenever I feel like it." which is not as often as it should be, considering I need to start a training plan in like 4 weeks.

what for, you ask? the Chicago marathon, silly. yes, yes. I know registration closed. and that I said I'd never do it again. but i'm moving there. and I knew this before registration closed. so I registered.

so, yeah.

the cardio I do every day will have to eventually be eased into running just about every day instead. and the nice, easy strength training? back to the weight room, I suppose. it's time to get this ball rolling.

speaking of... i'd better get my ass out there before I head off to have beer with a friend from high school [sidenote: MoMo... BE JEALOUS! it's Jacob]. some things never change, I suppose...

4 comments:

mo said...

*gasp* How dare you!

Maybe we can have beer on Sunday, but I have to get permission:)

Jess said...

Yay! I'm going to see you in Chicago in October! I'll be there, running too!

MNFirefly said...

Welcome back to the training!

L*I*S*A said...

I'll be there in Chicago..hope to see you, too! :)

 
Site Meter