so. kansas pretty much rocks. not necessarily in the "there's so much to do and it's so hip and happening" way as in the "I could totally raise a family here" way. [not that there isn't a lot to do or it isn't hip and happening, it just doesn't have the vibe that big cities normally have. and don't get any ideas, people.] but seriously... Dice's friends and family were wonderful to me, and if one truly is a product of their environment I can totally understand why he is such a great guy.
the weekend was packed with stuff to do and people to meet. I must have met a good 25-30 people while I was there... talk about having to make a good impression. over, and over, and over again. good grief. the most amusing comment had to have been, "we kind of thought he was making you up." HA! and I heard the funniest story about dice when he was a kid. his father literally had me in tears, I was laughing so hard. but I will stay quiet lest I embarrass him in front of the interweb. :)
everything was great except for the weather, which shifted from being cool and balmy on thursday to hot and humid and stormy the rest of the weekend. I complained about it a lot, but truth be told it's just as hot and humid here in the mitten. I'm just not used to it being gross this early in the year.
after a ridiculous delay that got me in at like 1:30 in the morning, I am back home, ready to finish packing up. a woman on the flight from kansas city to chicago asked me if I lived in chicago and I told her no, that I was from michigan. and then it dawned on me and I turned to her and told her that I was moving to chicago this weekend. how weird is that? and SO FREAKING EXCITING!
I literally spent the entire day yesterday packing. I will ask it again: how have I accumulated so much crap over the years? I swear I have thrown away 6 boxes worth of stuff, and I still had a ridiculous amount to pack still. grrrrrrr. I am down to the last few things which is good because the movers come tomorrow morning. there is still a huge laundry list of things to do, phone calls to make, info to look up. and so little time.
let's just say I will be very, very happy when I am settled in to my new place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You met that many people, and they're all saying such good things about you. As I knew they would. I had a great weekend.
I don't envy your busy schedule one bit. I really hope the move goes well.
Can't wait to see you next week!
So excited for you!
So many good things happening to my Mouse. Way cool! Be sure to post pics when you get all settled in!
Welcome to Chicago! :)
I'm excited for your move to Chicago!! You can give me a few places not to be missed when I'm in town for the marathon.
Post a Comment