Friday, June 22, 2007

I swear I do run...

just not this week. NEXT WEEK'S THE WEEK. actually i'm planning a longer run this weekend, and someone will probably kick my butt if I don't get up to run the same time he does, so i'm sticking to it this time.

this week has been weird. monday is a rest day for me, and since I was exhausted from the weekend I pretty much crashed at like 9:30. I was all set to run on Tuesday and then I had the stomach queasiness from hell and lost my afternoon coffee. I laid down on the couch at 7:30 for "just one minute" to see if my stomach would settle down and ended up falling asleep for 45 minutes. when I woke up I decided it would be best for me to just forget about eating dinner (since I wasn't sure if I could keep it down, anyways) and go back to sleep. after sleeping for almost 12 hours straight I felt quite a bit better and found out on wednesday morning that the out of shape guy was also battling some serious stomach issues, as was my dad. Since I was partially lazy and partially still not feeling at 100%, I avoided running on Wednesday with promises that I would get my run in on Thursday. yeah...

a text to jayhawk to see if she'd like to join me on my evening jaunt was met with a dinner invitation instead, since she had had a stressful and draining day. Mike was still not feeling all that great, so Barb and I went to a cute italian place for some yummy pasta and split a bottle of wine. she then punished me for not running by making me watch "so you think you can dance?" for a good hour and a half. it was... yeah. at least they gave me beer and jellybeans to ease the pain. :)

so, to sum things up, this week I was lazy, sick, and blew off running to go drink with barb and watch questionable tv shows. it's totally like, the story of my life.

next week i'll be better, I promise.

GUESS WHO GETS TO PHOG-SIT THIS WEEKEND?!

3 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

beer and jellybeans. two very delicious items consumed at the same time. mmmmmmm.

life happens. you can always run tomorrow.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

You and Phog alone together?!

I hope that Josh trusts you, given your previous amorous interest.

MNFirefly said...

You lucky Mouse! Phog-sitting sounds AWESOME!

 
Site Meter