I am officially nominating the Jayhawk and the Out of Shape Guy as the most super fabulous couple in the RBF. Possibly in the WORLD. that's how much I adore them.
Barb and Mike came over on Saturday morning to help me unload my dad's super huge truck bed full of random, scattered, unboxed stuff and then spent the entire rest of the day helping me unpack, organize, and get my bearings. after about 5 hours of unpacking, the fabulous duo then generously offered to take me to CB2, Bed Bath and Beyond, and to the grocery store to stock my cupboards. THEN they helped me unload stuff and we STILL had enough energy to de-grossify ourselves and head out to a party. granted, we were all falling asleep over our drinks and only stayed for about an hour, but WE DID IT.
and THEN they came and took me out to run errands the next afternoon as well, and helped me assemble some new lamps and my SUPERAWESOME vacuum cleaner.
meanwhile, my boyfriend was at home, tiring himself out by playing softball, taking naps, and tailgating. awesome. :) [for the record, I just like giving him a hard time. he DID graciously offer to fly up to Chicago to help me move, but he's coming up on Wednesday for GMR and I thought it would be silly for him to come up twice in one week. plane tickets are expensive, yo!]
my apartment is on the 22nd floor of a building full of condos, and faces West, giving me an absolutely awesome view of the city. the location is freaking fabulous - in one of the cute, "hip" neighborhoods, and best of all - i'm right on the lakefront path. the place is terribly cute, and is big enough to hold all of my furniture (including the super fabulous couch and tv that I picked up for a steal) so I'm one happy girl.
work started yesterday and, as Annie said, I think I'm gonna like it here. the people are ridiculously nice, I have my own office with a conference table and my name on the door (it's the little things, people. leave me alone.), and I couldn't have written a better job description in terms of what I want to be doing with my degree. it's fantastic.
I even managed to get out for a short run on the lakefront path yesterday amidst all the unpacking I still had yet to do.
The only thing that could possibly make this better is a) if the chicas would all just hurry up and move here already and b) ditto for dice. but Dice is coming to visit tomorrow, and the chicas in just a few short months.
so pretty much, life is perfect.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That's so awesome that you are located near the running path. And just when the weather is finally starting to get nice.
You're in for a fun summer.
Day two and you're already slacking on the clock.
Tsk. Tsk.
It's our pleasure. Really. In the meantime...I'm going to buy you some Pop Rocks...cause...well...the word on the street is that they're super awesome.
SO cool!
I will totally be visiting you next year...once in August, once in October! My buddy lives on N. Northpark in a cute little place. I wonder if that's close to you?
Have fun!
Major droolage on the apartment location. Awesome location! There's lots of great little boutiques and bars in the area...much less the running path.
Welcome to Chicago, girlie!
I can't wait to see you and your new apartment!
Welcome to Chicago! Hopefully you will find it wonderful at least until winter comes!
I think you're going to love your location! I'm so excited for you! I wish I were living in such a cool spot.
Your new locale sounds supercool. I am ultra jealous.
Yay!!!!
Post a Comment