I have it on good authority that Michigan's going to pull it together and beat Oregon 45-20 on Saturday. How could that possibly happen, you ask, when Oregon runs a spread offense and Michigan showed on Saturday that they are pretty much rendered functionally retarded when it comes to defending such offenses? Hell if I know. But my favorite Bucknell grad says it to be true (multiple times, in fact). As does my ex-boyfriend (except he didn't predict a score, just a win). And they are both s-m-r-t. I mean, seriously! my friend from Bucknell predicted that his team would upset Kansas in the first round of the 2005 basketball tournament, and HE WAS RIGHT!
In all seriousness... I don't know what this season holds for us. i'm refraining from making any outlandish football predictions myself until I see us play the next two games, and until I watch Penn State, OSU, and Wisconsin more in depth. I was too sick to my stomach to watch them all play this weekend. I'm not counting us totally out of the Big Ten race just yet, though. I reserve the right to do that after this coming weekend.
but, as my dad says, "it can't get much worse from here, sis. actually, it can, but even that would be impressive in and of itself."
oh, and if I could muster up an ounce of emotion besides apathy toward Iowa I might claim that they're complete assholes. but seriously. They're from Iowa. who the fuck cares? it's like, go eat some corn or something, yo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Love the quote from dad!!:)
I agree with your dad. It will get better...and if it doesn't, there will be virtue in sticking with them. Not that this compares, but my husband is the biggest Lions fan ever. And you wouldn't believe the amount of respect he gets for it.
you may be able to beat the Gophers this year ...
WOW... great prediction.
Yes, I support IU Football. :) I guess I can't be all poo-poo on Michigan.
Post a Comment