like, wake up in the middle of the night, feel like my throat and lungs are caving in, sick. Awesome.
I spent Sunday and Monday sleeping excessive amounts to recover from the weekend, but evidently that wasn't enough.
I spent the last two days at a conference. And let me just tell you how completely sweet it is to have to moderate 3 sessions, work the check-in table, and present at a session with a totally gross, scratchy, coughy voice. man did I sound awesome.
I passed up drinks - DRINKS, people - this evening to come home and sleep. I'm already in my favorite pajamas and it's like 5:39 (oh! wait! is college football on tonight?):

I had plans tomorrow morning to head over to a friend's house to watch the Michigan game and I told him that unless i'm miraculously better in the morning i'll probably pass. which means I have to miss the game since it's on the Big Ten Network. THAT'S how shitty i'm feeling.
Dice is on his way to Kansas to get his stuff so that he can drive it up here tomorrow. with the exception of the old "calling me the wrong name" thing, we've had a completely blissful week. We bailed on our plans on Tuesday, our 6 month anniversary, because things were just too crazy and we wanted to chill out at home. I got to experiment a little bit with a new piece of technology for work, and overall we had the most relaxed, ideal evening ever. Next weekend we're heading back to Michigan, because Dice got us UM v. Purdue tickets in the Big House as an "anniversary" present. for real, this boy is the BEST! BOYFRIEND! EVER! (aside from the whole name thing, but whatever. despite my mentioning it a lot, I'm over it.)
as much as I complain about him taking up my closet space, i'm kind of going to miss him being around 24/7. but since he's really only going to be a 1/2 mile away, I think i'll be able to handle it. :)
Good luck to all the peeps doing Chicago this weekend. I'm planning to wander across the street to watch the runners (literally, it runs right across the street) so hopefully I can see as many people as possible.
And, I'm sure she's a BIT too busy to be reading blogs right about now, but I heard the other day that the tri/running community has a new little one to welcome. Congrats to the proud parents, especially the (iron)mama, if you're out there reading! :)

2 comments:
Mouse, I really hope you feel better soon. I bet you did your best at the conference. That's all you can do.
Hope to see you on the course!! Look for the shirt that pleads for 'more cowbell'!
Post a Comment