Monday, October 01, 2007

good lord, we're getting old.

somehow, we all spent the entire weekend exhausted, for no apparent reason. well, I guess the whole "getting up early" and "drinking all day" thing sort of negates the "no apparent reason" argument, but whatever. what happened to the days of breaking the 12 hour drinking record? we're getting old, that's what.

at any rate, it was pretty much a fantastic weekend, all exhaustion aside. Dice had his first taste of Michigan football from the stands and I think he was impressed. The team played HORRIBLY. oh my COVERTHEFUCKINGSPREADOFFENSEALREADY and PASSAGAINSTTHEWORSTPASSDEFENSEINTHEWORLD! thank god for chad henne coming in during the 2nd half, and for the defense covering like 4 turnovers in a row. good grief.

it's amusing to hear other teams' fans make Appalachian state jokes at us, especially when they are losing. what is the logic behind that? yelling, "oh yeah? at least we didn't lose to Appalachian State!" seems like the stupidest argument ever. do they expect us to take offense to that? I mean, what's worse, losing to Appalachian State, or losing to the team that lost to Appalachian State? it seems like you'd be better off just not yelling anything at all.

I will let Dice comment if he wants to on the unsportsmanlike behavior of the folks sitting behind us, and at how the Michigan fans reacted to the rather raucous verbal beating they attempted to give us. But I will say that a random woman approached our group and said that she was very impressed at our sportsmanlike conduct and our support for our team. word.

and can I just say mmmmmmmmmmsausagesandbeer. although we have a TON of beer left over. we are considering maybe handing it out to the marathon runners next weekend, but i'm not sure they'd take it at mile 5. maybe we'll try to sell it to the spectators. is that illegal? do you think they'd want beer at 9 in the morning? because I fell like yes... anytime is a good time for a beer.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Mouse, I know of a certain male runner would LOVE beer on the marathon course no matter how damn early it is. Bring beer - they will come. :D

Rae said...

Tons of runners seem to love beer, plus it's always fun when you see a beer stop and you always tell your friends about it later!

 
Site Meter