Friday, December 07, 2007

it's the most! wonderful time! of the yeeeear!

know what time it is? cookie baking time, that's what. my previous roommate and I used to bake cookies with our moms every year but then... well, y'all know the story. (or at least part of it)

but it's time to resurrect some traditions, only with a twist. happily, this doesn't involve seeing my sister (although, to be fair, I did invite her. she just hasn't bothered to accept or decline the invite). So this weekend, Dice's parents are coming into town, and a couple of lovers of all things cookie baking are coming over, and man will there be cookies. EVERYWHERE. we've got molasses cookies and snickerdoodles and chocolate crinkles and peanut butter kiss cookies and sugar cookies and oreo balls and crescent cookies and white chocolate chunk cookies on the menu.

the reindeer antlers will be making an appearance, and holiday music will abound, as will spiced cider [ok, maybe a little rum too:)].

it's going to be pure greatness. i'm SO excited! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

7 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Oh my! That sounds like SO much fun! BTW, I make awesome fudge.

E-Speed said...

today is candy making day for us :) Have fun with all the baking!

Rae said...

That sounds like a blast!!I've got a lot of baking to do myself over the next couple of weeks!!!

L*I*S*A said...

I can't wait to see pics of all the finished products!!

Anonymous said...

YUM

Audrey said...

Hi!! Enjoy the cookies! Eat 4 for me!

Margo said...

That sounds like a great tradition to start! I would try that with my friends, although I think midway thru the baking we'd forget about the cookies due to the holiday cocktails!

 
Site Meter