Wednesday, December 05, 2007

stupid phone

my phone has this really great knack of freaking the fuck out whenever I really need it. For instance, i'm in Indianapolis and want to talk to my boyfriend and CAN I? no. annoying as shit, man. I don't know what's wrong with it, especially since it's only abut 6 months old.

this week has been no exception. and i'm not just talking about the fact that yesterday was skitzo's birthday and her phone wasn't accepting voice messages and I couldn't get a text message completed before my phone went, "I'M GOING TO FREAK OUT ON YOU NOW! KTHNXBI," and turn itself off.

on Monday, I received word from Momo that a good friend of ours had been in a serious car accident over the weekend. She has been sedated an in the trauma ICU with brain injuries. It's been pretty stressful the last few days, and having my phone not be reliable when Nat's mom and friends have called with updates has been really frustrating. I was happy to have a message today from her mom telling me that she had come out of sedation and was slowly starting to respond to things. Hopefully she continues to make forward progress in the next few days.

I have no real moral to this story other than "my phone sucks at inopportune times." and i'm sorry to my friends who might be trying to reach me. stupid sucky phone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she's okay, and it must really suck not to have phone service to get updates.

MNFirefly said...

Mouse, I am so sorry. That sucks. I hope she comes out okay.

Alison said...

Is that Nat as in Killer Flamingos Natalie that I met twice? She's my favorite one of your friends.

 
Site Meter