I went to bed at 8:57 last night (really though, is this abnormal?), and I am still managing to be tired. it's incredibly irritating. I've cut back on my caffeine intake drastically since the holiday break, so I haven't been having my usual cup of coffee in the mornings, but when I got to work today I needed something to wake me up. and cocaine is really expensive. or so I hear.
this morning, even just ellipticalling, the EASIEST GYM ACTIVITY IN THE WORLD was difficult. man, am I sluggish today. so I passed the time by examining all the people on the level below me at the various cardio machines. Dice pointed out yesterday that there's a girl who is obsessive compulsively ellipticaling each morning and she is the size of a twig... her legs are literally as big as my arms are, it's bizarre. I saw her on one of the leg machines in the nautilus area this morning and she could barely lift the bar when it had no weight on it. it was pretty awesome to watch. it made me wonder what motivates people like that.
I guess I feel like lifting and cross training and even getting on the easiest gym machine in the world is in some way contributing to me being a better runner, and that's why I do it. and I get that a lot of people do the gym thing to look fit, toned, and healthy, but people who are as skinny as she is don't look good.
In the end, if you take away the marathon running and all that stuff, the only REAL reason to work out at the gym is be ready when THE FUCKING CLOVERFIELD MONSTER INVADES THE WORLD or when the zombies from I am Legend take over. YOU NEED TO BE READY FOR THESE THINGS PEOPLE! EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE MOVIES IS REAL. so I guess it makes me happy to think that i'll be able to get away from the cloverfield monster or the zombies because they'll catch the weak anorexic girl first, but it does me no good because her scrawny bones aren't going to fill either of them up so they'll just end up coming after me anyway.
*sigh*
at least they serve some purpose by giving me amusing stories to make up in my head while i'm doing my cardio.
oh, we also lifted this morning, and it's quite possible that my biceps are actually getting weaker by the week. I'm giving them a week to get their act together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment