Friday, January 25, 2008

that's my dad for you

I work in not exactly... well, the safest part of town. It's not definitively "unsafe," but there have been days when I was standing at the bus stop, waiting for my ride home, and I thought, "you know, this large group of suspicious looking men could drag me about a block that way and kill me and I don't think anyone would notice."

it's a little bit sketchy. let's just put it that way.

So today there was a shooting near campus. And I get the security alert that says some dude was shot outside a convenience store at 11 a.m. So basically, this happens in plain daylight. So I google the location and realize that... uh... yeah. my super sweet bus stop location that I stand at for up to 45 minutes in the dark of night? is like 25 feet away from said convenience store.

pretty. freaking. awesome.

so I am, predictably, freaked out by this. A coworker gave me a ride home, as I was freaked out and there were still police everywhere.

so I get home and call my dad and tell him this story, and you know what he says?

"That's what you get for living in a big city like that, sis!"

heh. that's my dad for you...

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Oh Wow! A shooting near your work. I had the same thing happen a month ago 'cept I had to get involved with the police.

Rae said...

Are our dads related?? At 18 I was stranded in a crappy part of town due to my broken down car THEY gave me and when I called him he told me "I'd figure out a way to get home". And I'm their ONLY daughter!!! Geez.

 
Site Meter