this weekend was exhausting, and too jam packed to properly recount, so here are some highlights:
- 3 people at my old job said they thought they heard my laugh in the hallway when I went back to visit them on Friday. They so miss me...
- the publication? soclose to being finished.
- evidently i'm a co-presenter at some conference coming up. it requires no work, nor does it require my attendance. awesome.
- my Grams may or may not have been hitting on Dice at several points over the weekend. I caught her telling him that he was "such a handsome young man", and that if she were 50 years younger...
- my aunt Mo made fun of dice for saying that he's "from the midwest." it's the ongoing argument. I enjoy having it around my family more than his, because then I win.
- rugrat? still a demon.
- my dad is perhaps the coolest dad ever because he bought a Macbook Air. I couldn't stop singing the "New Soul" song the entire weekend.
- did I mention my dad is pretty damn cool? alas, the coolness factor wears thin when I have to spend an entire afternoon teaching him how to USE said awesome lappy.
- my dad also isn't a fan of dusting. you should see the dustballs all over his house. I need to get him a cleaning lady for father's day or something.
- my cousin miranda is a ridiculously talented oboe player. who knew?
- my grandfather's funeral was quite touching, and it was good to have so many of my relatives in the same place.
- my aunts asked me how I could down two 25 ounce beers without having to go pee. I told them it takes training and practice. they were impressed.
- between all the familial visiting, driving all over God's creation, and me drinking a lot o' beers with the fam, we didn't get our run in. oh well. small price to pay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am glad that you got through your weekend well. Thoughts are with you.
MacBook Air...I'm way jealous.
Post a Comment