Monday, March 03, 2008

being back from vacation = suxors

you know what's more fun than getting on a plane that you know is going to be turbulent as all getout because winds are gusting like crazy in Chicago? getting on that same plane hung over as shit. Jules just sent me a link to this video and while our landing wasn't quite that bad it felt pretty close. especially since I was already not feeling all that hot.

so overall, the birthday was great, as you probably gathered. Juju, the BFF, and I had a great conversation sunday morning when I told them, "dude kept buying me shot after shot after shot. that was so not a good idea." and they replied, "yeah, we should have warned you about that. he likes to do that. he's rather generous with the drinks."

THANKS FOR TELLING ME NOW, BITCHES. geez.

I also came up with a hypothesis that perhaps it isn't the mixing of beer and liquor that makes me feel nauseous, but rather the sheer volume of both that doesn't settle over so well. I'M PRACTICALLY A GENIUS, I tell you.

The weekend overall was pretty much awesome, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I was really, really happy to be off my flight and to be met at Midway by a pair of open arms. I spent the evening doing a load of laundry and then I had a nice, quiet, relaxing dinner out with dice. It was a nice way to commemorate our first date. I was pretty zonked by the time we got done with dinner, so I fell asleep on the couch by 8:30 while we were watching a movie.

I have approximately 120 pictures from going out on my birthday, so I will have to post some of them when I get a chance, because they are really super funny.

3 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Yes, I agree. While I try to blame the wine every time, I find that it's usually the AMOUNT CONSUMED that does me in.

Can't wait to see pics!!

MNFirefly said...

Glad to see that your weekend went well.

Brooke said...

awww, that's the best, returning home to those who love you.

 
Site Meter