this week has been kind of wacky, which usually makes things go faster but has actually dragged the week out, and I am SO ready for it to be over and done with.
but first of all, there is a SUPER FREAKING AWESOME article on lecture podcasting published in the newest Academic Intersections online journal. If you're into that sort of stuff you should go check it out.
so yeah. someone around these here parts has been busy. we'll just say that.
on top of that, we've determined a date and reception venue for the wedding, and (knock on wood) hope to be signing the contract this evening. so woooo! for this whole thing being WAY more low stress than I expected it to be. I pretty much just had to look at the place and send the pictures and info off to the crazychicas before they kind of sort of insisted that I ABSOLUTELY! MUST! HAVE MY RECEPTION THERE! (thank you for making the decision so easy for me, girls!) here's hoping that the rest of the planning is taken care of easily...
on top of that, this week there's been spinning, running, swimming, more running, even more running, a mile or so more in the pool, and then another spinnin session. it's really not exciting enough to talk about on an individual workout-by-workout basis, so it will have to suffice for me to say that I, surprisingly, feel actually quite *awesome* with all the activity. KTG and I are going to pick out some triathlons to do this summer, and I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to handle anything she throws my way. so YAY for that!
know what didn't feel awesome? weights this morning. hooooooooly crap. I thought I was in decent shape when it came to the weight room, but I started the new plan this morning and good grief it kicked my ass. It could have been because I did it after swimming, but I refuse to compromise my primary workouts to get weights in. The squats actually felt great, but doing supersets of the other exercises was like, whoa. i'm excited to see my fitness in this area improve, because I felt like a wimp this morning! push-ups should really not be all that difficult. for serious.
looking forward to an excellent evening out at a bar (where beer is food) and then a 15 miler in the morning. WOOHOO! exciting times, people.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yahoooooooo that wedding plans are going well!
Dude, you could sersly kick my arse right now in the weight room. I'm afraid of you. Me = little pansy. You're definitely gonna rock the tris this year!
You did squats AFTER a session in the pool. Wow! I am not sure I could ever be that brave. Talk about trying to shred your muscles and get ripped.
Love the podcasting info...you are one smart chica.
Your workout schedule makes me look comatose. You rock, seriously.
Glad the wedding stuff is going well. Inquiring (nosy) bloggers want pics of said reception hall, etc.
Post a Comment