I've been at a conference since Monday. And I've hardly had any time to think about anything except the sessions I've been in and the sessions that I've presented, because really, coming back to work after several weeks off and effectively having less than a week to prepare for two conference presentations, as well as get caught up on all the other issues that have arisen since I was out... well, the last week has been a little bit stressful.
but at least it has kept me busy. This morning was my last session, which I was FREAKING OUT about, and it went really, really well. so yay for that. but now i'm sitting here in the hotel room, thinking I should probably go find some people to hang out with. because over the past few weeks i've fallen into "cannot, under any circumstances, be alone" mode. it's the whole "fear of losing people" thing, which I'm sure most people might think is warranted right about now, but it's bizarre in me because i'm generally not the clingy type.
I just finished looking at our wedding photographer's website, and listened to a few of the songs that Josh and I are considering for our first dance. and it's nice, wanting to be involved with wedding planning again. with moving forward. but then I think about it and... well, I start to have almost a panic attack. because two months ago, the idea of having my wedding day come without my mother there... having to go through all of these planning activities without her... well, it was heartbreaking. all over again. it was literally like she had just died again. I honestly was wondering how I was going to get through the day, when it comes.
and now there's an entirely new dimension. I truly, seriously, don't know that I will have the strength to do it. and I'm sure that's because everything is still so raw and new, but is it really going to be any better in a year? a year and a half? I can't imagine it is. even fathoming this day without both of my parents, it's so heartbreaking that I can't even breathe. I feel like my entire body collapses into itself just thinking about it; like I implode a bit. it's frustrating that the thought of such a happy occasion is causing me so much grief, but there's nothing I can do about it.
I know people will say things like, "they'll be looking down on you," or, "there will be people there who can fill in for your parents." I know this because already people have said these things to me. but for serious. I. DON'T. CARE. it's not them. they aren't THERE. and I wish people could understand that just saying, "they'll be watching you on that day," just doesn't cut the proverbial cake, you know? I have a right to be angry. I have a right to be upset. I'M 28 FUCKING YEARS OLD. there's no reason why my parents shouldn't be here right now. none whatsoever. It's not fair, and I'm ALLOWED TO BE SAD, UPSET, OUTRAGED ABOUT THAT.
ok. sorry. I just needed to take a moment to say some things. thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Mouse, you have every right to have the feelings that you are experiencing. I can not imagine what you are feeling right now. Find some unique way to honor their memory on your special day.
I'm so sorry Mouse. This is exactly what I thought about when I found out about your dad. And I cried myself to sleep. Your right it isn't fair and it just doesn't seem right. I have no explanations because there is no explanation. But I do know that you are a wonderful person who is marrying a wonderful man, the day won't be everything it should have been but it will still be amazing because its yours.
I am angry with you. I echo Espeed's thoughts. It was the same thing that ran through my head, too.
You have the right to say, feel, and do ANYTHING you need to. No questions asked.
I'm sorry, Mouse. You're right. You have every right to feel angry. You two will make it through this and come out stronger.
((HUGS))
Stinking blogger ate my comment...
I agree with you in that you have every right to cry, yell, scream and be upset. This is a wonderful moment and it's not fair for anyone to assume that someone else can fill the role of your parents in your wedding.
But your father did particpate in one aspect. He gave that wonderful fiance of your his blessing for you two to be married. In this day and age it's rare for a guy to even ask anymore but your guy did and your father got to be a part of it. I hope you will always cherish that.
I think what sucks about life is "the odds". Odds are pretty small for bad things to happen (in general) but it seems like bad things seem to happen in bulk to some people and then some people just have everything so easy and so perfect every single time. And I don't think it has to with some people are just "better" than others, I think they're just luckier somehow.
Anyway, our super secret vacation is bringing us not all that far from you. If you get wild and crazy this weekend you'll have to track us down. We'll be eating cheese. And not looking for Brett Favre. (and please don't approve this before 7:55 pm because somehow Brent still doesn't know where we're going.)
I'm just catching up on your blog, I'm sending you my deepest condoleances. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you... You do have everyright to be upset, life is not always fair... nothing really cheery to write other than hang in there...
You have every right to be sad, mad, upset and really royally pissed off. It is completely unfair.
I know your wedding will still be special, and the most amazing day. I know you'll be able to bring your memories of your parents into the day. But I agree, it won't be the same. It's unimaginable, and you're just amazing for getting up every day and keeping going.
Post a Comment